Chapter 37

The saleslady smiled and said, "5,990 pesos, Ma'am."

I gazed on the dress she was holding. "Too expensive. Is that the fix price?"

"Ah, Ma'am, the prices on the Mall are fix," she said then looked at me from head to toe.

The corner of my lips twitched. I was offended by what she did but I have no reason to confront her. It was true that the prices in this place are fix  and the woman in front of me might be thinking that I was one of those who couldn't afford it.

Well, the truth was that I can afford the dress, but I worried that I won't have the money to pay for it later. Afterall, it was Tiden's money that I would use. Mama took back my credit card because I spent too much for these past few months.

Both of my cheeks burned red in embarrassment when other customers in queue looked at me differently. Some of them even snickered as they whispered to each other. So I had no choice but to give my the card to the saleslady. "Here," I said.

She accepted the card with a smile. I secretly frowned and accepted the paper bag and card that she handed over.

"Until your next visit, Ma'am!" said the saleslady and waved at me.

Huh. Who said I would come back? That store's a rip-off!

I held up the bag where my new necklace, earrings, heels, and perfume were. "If Levi won't compliment me later, I will burn you all down!" I whispered, gritting my teeth and rolling my eyes heavenwards.

And because I was so busy thinking and scolding my paperbags, I didn't notice a standee in front. I gasped when I almost tripped, if the standee wasn't fast. He grabbed my shoulder and held me firmly to help me stand on my feet.

"Thank you," I said then straightened my messy hair.

A voice replied, "Be careful next time."

I looked up and took a step back when I realized it was Lyndon. I looked down at what he was wearing. He is wearing a cap, a green apron in front, and he is holding a sign that states: '50% Discount for Food and Beverages'

My face contorted after reading the discount. "What are you doing there?" I asked.

"Nothing."

"Nothing?" I chuckled. "You look good in that uniform," I said, taunting his looks. I shook my head before turning around.

My gaze caught a man standing in the pharmacy opposite the food stall, which I and Lyndon was standing at. The familiar man had earplugs in both his ears and he was facing a woman. The two are talking. Both are wearing black face masks.

The man was wearing a V neck and I could clearly see the tattoo on his collarbone. And it shaped like a triangle. My heart skipped a beat suddenly.

It's still clear in my mind who I saw wearing that tattoo. I couldn't be wrong. I saw that when Levi dived to the bottom of the sea topless, and when he faced me inside the cottage with only a towel around his waist.

My lips parted slightly. My gut was telling me that the man was Levi!

I quickly turned around, facing Lyndon, and hid behind him. He was startled. "What are you doing?" he asked.

"Shhh! Just hide me, okay?"

I pursed my lips when I saw Levi walked along with the girl approaching my direction. I hid myself behind Lyndon even more. Fortunately, this man was tall and had broad shoulders, thus I was confident.

"You want drinks?" I heard Levi asked the girl beside him. I bit my lip hard.

"Why ask? Of course. I've been thirsty for a while now. And oh, look, they have a discount. Two drinks please," said a familiar voice, and I couldn't be wrong. It's Nicole. My eyes squinted and I secretly huffed.