Chapter 38

My heart is pounding. I can't help it. I don't even know what can be done to get rid of my feelings for him. Nope. I don't know --- or it's more correct to say I have no intention of letting go of my feelings for Levi.

He's the first. Out of the many men who came into my life, he was the only one who stood out. I can't explain why. If only I could pull him to my side... If only I could.

I stepped back and pushed him lightly. He turned his face away from me. "Rish?" His eyes were asking.

I looked away and panted slightly. "W-What are you doing, L-Levi?"

"Kissing you."

I quickly stared into his eyes again. I'm not stupid. I know he's kissing me. "I mean... Nicole. How about her?"

He frowned. "What about her?"

"She's... Uhm..." What is the relationship between the two? I touched my cheek. "Your fling?" I sighed. Of course. I knew that I was more of a fling than Nicole who's been with him the all this time. But he said it that Nicole's not his girlfriend. So they were just being a lovey-dovey. What an eyesore.

"She's just my friend," he defended.

"Even so. She's in love with you. And we kissed. It's not right!"

The corner of his lips curled up. He reached for my cheek and ran his thumb over my bottom lip. I was out of breath. My lips parted at what he did. I gasped when he tried to insert his finger onto my mouth.

I immediately retreated. "Levi!"

He laughed, shaking his head. "Don't think of other things when I'm with you, Rish. I want you whole."

I covered my mouth. I tasted the cigarette butt from his finger and I frowned. "You smoke?"

He shrugged and opened the passenger door. "Get inside. I wanna show you things."

"Things like?"

"Rish." He smiled. "Get in the car first."

I stared at Levi for a few seconds. He was smiling, and the cowlick on his forehead was very attractive. It was something that suits him. I swallowed and smiled wryly. "O-Okay."

I approached and entered. I sat in the passenger seat while he closed the door and went around the front. He quickly got in and sat in the driver's door. I turned to him. He stared at the front for a moment before slowly unbuttoning the upper part of his polo shirt.

I cleared a throat as my cheeks warmed up. "L-Levi?"

At first he didn't say anything but when I called him again, he came to his senses. He stopped what he was doing. "Why?" he asked and glanced at me at the rearview mirror.

"What were you going to show?"

"Later."

"Uh, where are we going?"

"Somewhere."

"Uhm..." I looked down. "Is what I'm wearing okay? Isn't it embarrassing?"

Only then did he glanced my way and smiled a bit. "You look decent." He put his attention back at the front and started the engine. I smiled. At least my money wasn't wasted ---- "But I like it better if you expose more skin. That will turn me on real hard."

I don't know whether to smile or grimace at what he said. He seemed serious but there was a little playful smile at the corner of his lips. I just chose to look outside the window.

This was my first date with Levi, so I wasn't surprised that there were things about him that I didn't know yet. But even so, the pounding of my heart still doesn't subside. And the longer I was in his car, the faster it beats. It's overwhelming me.