Chapter 56

"Let's go!" I struggled in his grip but he was too strong. I glared at the face I once admired but now hate. "I regret idolizing you, Levi! I hate you! I hate you to death!"

He stopped for a moment and narrowed his eyes as he stared intently at my face. My face paled when he looked at me like that and I tried to look away. But he didn't let me and held my chin to raise my face. I saw the strange smile on his lips again.

"Even if you hate me, it doesn't change the fact that you are mine, Rishel," he whispered to me.

My insides trembled when I heard that. Maybe it's because of the way he looked at me like a hungry monster looking at his food. Just now he gave me that kind of look that made my cold sweat trickled my back.

I took a deep breath and bravely met his gaze. "You shot Papa. Didn't your conscience hurt that you also did to Papa what you did to Ariel in that night? Or do you really have no conscience, Levi?"

His eyebrows met at what I said. "Ariel?" He turned his head to the left and laughed. "Did you witness that night, Rishel?" he asked.

My fists clenched. I don't feel good about the tone of his voice but this is the only way I can think of to show him that even though I know the crime he committed in Boljoon I'm still willing to support him. I thought that if he found out that I was a witness that night, he would realize that my feelings for him were true and he would feel guilty, but I didn't know that he didn't have a conscience at all.

His smile widened on his lips and narrowed his eyes on me. "So you were there, huh?" The corners of his lips rose. "Tell me, what should I do with you?"

My teeth clenched. "Tell me why you shot Ariel and Papa! I want to know your reason, Levi!"

He was silent for a moment before speaking. "Ariel's too popular for his good and your father is too good at making decisions." He brought his mouth to my ear and whispered. "Should I shoot you too for knowing too much?" he asked.

My face lost color at his question and looked at Levi fearfully. He laughed when he noticed my paleness. "But it's a waste of your beauty if you just lie in the coffin, Rishel."

"J-Jerk!" I pushed him and moved away from him. "I thought you still had conscience but I was wrong. I regret being your fan, Levi!" He was about to approach but I raised my hand and shouted. "Don't come near me! Don't touch me! I hate you!" My vision was blurry because of the tears. "First, you shot Ariel. Now it's Papa. You still don't feel guilty and you  bedded Nicole behind my back. Tell me, are you still a human? Do you still have a conscience, Levi?!"

"Conscience won't pay my bills, Rishel."

I clenched my fist and stood up. I was about to step towards the door but he quickly grabbed my wrist and pushed me against the wall. He put his own palms on both sides of my head to lock me in. I bit my lower lip and looked up at him.

I don't know where my courage came from but I just realized that I opened my mouth and asked him a question. "Why? Are you going to shoot me like you did to them?"

Levi's eyes narrowed and lowered his face to match mine. "Why are you testing my patience?" he asked with a smile. "Did you think I wouldn't try?"

I breathed deeply. "No. I don't believe you can kill me, Levi. Ariel and Dad are still alive!"

He raised his eyebrows at what he heard. "Ariel? Don't joke. Ariel is dead and the one who's singing on stage now is his twin, Seariel."

"W-What?"

"I killed Ariel that night, Rishel, to give his position to Seariel. What? Surprised?"

I was just stunned while staring at him. So... He really murdered Ariel that night?