Chapter 57

He looked dark but I knew his anger was not directed at me so I was relieved. "Thank goodness you're here!" I cheerfully said and sat down.

He attended to me quickly. "Let's go," he said and picked me up in his arms.

I screamed in shock and looked at his face very close. My heart beat fast and both cheeks got hot. I looked away when he looked at me.

"Where are you going to take me?" I asked.

I noticed that he was careful when he walked to the fire exit with me in his arms. After a while, we got out of the building and the fresh night air gently hit my face. The tension in both my shoulders disappeared and I leaned my head on Lyndon's shoulder.

"Thank you," I whispered softly.

"What did he do to you?" he asked.

"I just passed out for two days."

"Two days?" Lyndon's aura grew darker. "Rishel, you've been missing for two weeks! I can't find you." His jaw clenched. "And I will know that you're in the hospital?"

I gently patted his shoulder. "Two weeks?" I frowned. Does that mean I've been unconscious for two weeks?

What did Levi do to me and why was I unconscious for so long?

I looked up at the yacht moored on the shore. My lips parted. "What --"

"Levitus took you to a private island owned by his company. If I hadn't received a call I wouldn't have known he brought you here."

Only then did I understand why the nurse was so strict with me and why I didn't see any other patients when I walked down the hallway. But for what reason and why did Levi bring me to this island?

Lyndon boarded the yacht carrying me in his arms. I glanced back where we came from and noticed that the emergency signal was on in the building.

"How did you get into the island if it's private property?" I asked Lyndon as he lowered me onto a one-seater sofa.

"Connections." He reached for a drink on the table and handed it to me. "Here, take a sip."

I accepted that and took a sip. I felt the yacht move. Looks like we're leaving the island. I clenched my fist and looked up at Lyndon who was looking away.

After a while he looked down at me. "Tell me why he took you to the hospital."

I looked away and sighed. I raised my hand and gently caressed the womb. "I'm pregnant," I whispered.

I'm sure Lyndon heard that because he was stunned. "What did you say?" he asked kindly.

"I'm pregnant, and I don't know who the father is." I looked at him. "That's why I called you to ask if you discovered anything about that man?"

He put his palms on his face for a minute before taking a deep breath. "Nothing as of the moment."

I bit my lower lip. "Maybe he doesn't want to be discovered." I shook my head. "Nah. Stop looking for the man who doesn't want to be found," I just said.

"What are your plans now?" he asked.

"Gonna raise this child alone."

"Does Levitus know this?"

"Of course. He also wants to abort the child."

"No!"

I was startled by his sudden cry. I looked at him with a red face from anger. "Hey, what's wrong? Why are you so angry?" I asked.

He shook his head and took a deep breath. "Don't abort the child," he said.

"Of course." I frowned. "I don't want to kill the innocent." The edge of his lips rose. I looked at him. "Since I'm pregnant and don't know who the father is, then we should cancel the engagement."