Chapter 44

I don't know how I got home after our kiss in that alley.

I got up when my phone rang again. I reached for it and opened the inbox. The message was from Levi. He informed me to get dressed because he planned to pick me up. I bit my lower lip and squeak in excitement.

That's right. We're an official couple now and I want to introduce him to my parents. I quickly climbed down the bed, ran to the bathroom, and took a shower.

"Mama!" I called.

She looked up and frowned when she what I was wearing. "Where are you going?"

My smile grew wide. "My boyfriend and I are going on a date."

"Boyfriend?"

I smiled and nodded. Mama's eyes narrowed. "Husea! Call your Sir and tell him to come back here! He hasn't gone far yet! Hurry up!"

I scratched my cheek. I don't know if it's right to introduce Levi to them now?

In less than ten minutes, Papa's back home. Mama is already dressed and the food is ready on the table. Papa kissed Mama's cheek and looked at the delicacies prepared by the maid.

"Is there a problem?" he asked.

"Talk to your daughter. She has a boyfriend now and she'll introduce the guy to us later."

"Boyfriend?" Papa frowned and looked at me. "You have a boyfriend that I don't know about?"

"Actually, Pa, he just became my boyfriend yesterday."

He stared at me intently before taking his seat at the dining table. "When will he come? I still have work to do."

"He'll be here in a minute, Pa."

We waited a few minutes before an assistant came. "Sir, someone is looking for Miss Rishel. The man said he is Miss' boyfriend."

"Let him in."

The servant left and later returned with Levi. I stood up. I was about to cater him when Papa stopped me. "Sit down, Rishel." He stood up and greeted Levi. He asked him to sit across me in the dining table. Levi obeyed. We looked at each other and I slightly smiled at him. So was he.

After some pleasantries, Papa started his interview.

"What's your job?" he asked Levi.

"I'm the band's vocalist, Sir."

Papa raised his eyebrows. Glancing at me before turning his gaze back to Levi. "Can you support my daughter with that job?"

"I'm not just busy with the band right now, Sir. I have business."

"What business?"

"Entertainment agency."

Papa nodded. "That's good. I won't agree if only a band vocalist becomes my daughter's husband."

Lyndon smiled. "I understand, Sir."

Papa turned to me and nodded. "I'm not against your relationship. Just don't cross the line. You two understand me?"

"Yes," said Lyndon.

"Yes, Father."

I smiled and looked at Levi. He was staring at me. I felt something crawling up my leg under the table. My forehead creased and I was about to peek under but I saw Levi's winked at me. I thought for a few seconds before getting what he wanted to say with that wink.

"Rishel."

"M-Ma?" I looked at my mother, a little uneasy.

"Are you listening?"