Chapter 2

Underwater

Many people believe you’ll see your dream when you are at death’s door, and I think it’s true. If only my dream hadn’t kicked me awake.

My eyes widened as I slowly sank under the warm water. It’s dark. There was no light around except for the light above. I quickly swam towards the light and poked my head above the salt water.

Shocks. Why did I see Levi’s deep eyes and thin lips under the water?

I almost kissed him but he suddenly kicked me away. Tapping my forehead, I sighed. Well Rishel, if you’re gonna daydream please make Levi a little romantic, okay?

Suddenly, a shrill female voice shouted from above the dock. “Levi! What are you doing there? Come back, we’re late!”

I looked up at the dock and saw a beautiful woman who looked like Nicole, the only girl member of the Vine. She was wearing a summer hat on her head and a blue dress that was swaying with the afternoon breeze. Just by standing there, one will know that the girl’s elegant and sophisticated. So unlike me who’s swimming in the dirty seawater.

I just foolishly watched the dumbass swim to the edge of the dock and climb up. Saltwater was dripping from his clothes. I snorted. That must have been the man who dragged me with him. Tch.

He didn’t even say thank you for accompanying him with his free bath.

Frowning, I swam to the edge of the dock. I smacked my wet lips as I climbed up and stood at the edge of the dock. “What an ungrateful bastard!” I snarled. “You didn’t even help me —- "

My words were cut off when suddenly, the man turned around to face me. I was stunned because he looked like Levi, the Vine’s vocalist and my ultimate idol! His cowlick was hanging on his forehead and seawater dripped from his neck down to his V-neck polo shirt.

“You’ve insulted me?” he asked. I was rooted in my spot because he had the same voice as Levi!

I could not believe there was someone in this world having the same face and same voice as my idol! What on earth’s happening?

“I heard you insulting me, Miss.”

“No, I-I’m not!” I swallowed and looked away. “I’m complimenting you!”

“Huh.” The man chuckled and walked towards me. My body stiffened and my heart beat fast. I was about to step back when he quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the edge of the dock. “For the second time, woman, don’t act pitiful. I don’t buy your poor acting skill.”

“W-What?”

I blinked and gaped at his retreating figure. My eyebrows meet, annoyed. Did that guy think I was craving his attention? In his dreams!

Before I could protest, someone called my name behind me. “Rishel.”