Chapter 13

His Affection

"Nicole, Vine vocalist and only girl member," one guest whispered.

"She's beautiful. Beauty and talent, what could a man ask for?"

"She's gorgeous!"

The venue was filled with whispers when Nicole entered. The corner of her lips rose and she glanced at me. I could see her haughty look and complacent attitude. I clenched my fist. The smile on her lips was annoying and I couldn't help but to look away and let her show off to the guests.

I knew that she's beautiful. That's a given fact and I didn't have a problem with it, but why I could only hear the repeated compliments on her beauty? She's not the only beautiful one in this world.

Yes, I guess I'm being jealous of her. But it's not just me, I think all Levi's fans are jealous of Nicole.

I avoided looking at her and roamed my eyes around the bar. The disco lights were on and some bottles of beer were placed on tables and on the counter at the side. I was sitting at the round table right in front of the platform where I sang earlier.

After my duet with Levi, I returned sitting to my previous chair. Fortunately, there weren't many guests at that time so most of them didn't know who's challenging Nicole.

The bar was an open space so everywhere I look I could see trees decorated with blinking lights on its branches. It's dark outside and the resort lights were on. The light that illuminated the entire bar was dim, a perfect ambiance for a dramatic movie.

A waiter walked to me and asked, "Miss, this is our signature drink. Do you like to have a taste?"

I turned my gaze to him. He had a small tray with a wine glass on with it. "What's that?" I asked.

"It came from the southern islands and a famous drink that the resort's owner recommend to first time guests."

"Oh?" I raised my eyebrows. Suddenly, I was curious about the taste so I reached for it. "Thanks."

The man just smiled and walked away without saying a word. I frowned at the wine glass before putting it down on the table. I'll drink it later.

A few minutes passed before Vine introduced themselves in front of the guests. Soon they started playing. Some were confused. Maybe they thought the Vine would go straight to the contest but they didn't know that gig comes first before the contest.

They played first an upbeat song which made some guests do headbang within their chairs but I stayed leaning forward and watching Vine. I admit that Nicole has the talent. Her voice is beautiful and pleasant to listen to. I frowned, lips forming a line.

I stared at Levi. I couldn't see the strange color of his eyes. I didn't know if it was because of the dim light or if he was wearing contact lenses.

After a while the tune changed into a gentle one. It must be a love song. I just watched how Levi and Nicole stared at each other like they're the only people around. It made me clenched my jaw and closed my fist tight. They looked perfect for each other and I couldn't blame Levi if he's attracted to Nicole. Even a number of fans admit that they the two fit for each other. 

I looked down and reached for the drink the waiter gave me earlier. I drank it straight away and I closed my eyes as the bitter and cold liquid went down my throat and down into my stomach.

I frowned and looked up at the two people singing at the stage. Yes, they're for each other because they're both stars I couldn't reach. They were still staring at each other like they mean it, and I didn't know why my heart ached. Clenching my closed fist, I grimaced when my vision suddenly became blurred. I shook my head and looked up at the stage where an emcee stood, announcing the start of the contest. 

For The Stars Have Sinned (Complete)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें