Chapter 39

Morning, they say, is a new hope and a new beginning. But not for me.

I was awake for the entire night, staring at the wall opposite the bed while my back was leaning against the headboard. When Levi brought me back last night, I didn't sleep anymore. My eyes were tired but all I could do was yawn and keep them open,  staring at the wall dumbfounded.

I'm tired.

My eyelids are very heavy but I'm afraid if I sleep, I'll forget Levi and what happened last night, thinking it's just a dream. I slowly raised my finger to my lips. I can still feel the heat of his kiss as we stood at the entrance of the door.

~Earlier~

"Levi," I said. I slid my hand from his shoulder down to his chest and my palm stayed there.

He rubbed my back several times, and sometimes he put his hand in the side -- looking for an entrance into my dress. He let go of me and caught his breath. "Rishel..."

I drew a breath again and again. I grabbed the key card the receptionist gave me from the shoulder bag and scanned it against the scanner. It rang. "Do you want to come in?" I asked.

I inhaled sharply when he quickly leaned me against the wall on the side of the door. His arm wrapped around my waist and he rested one hand on the side of my head. He pulled me closer to him and claimed my lips again. My hand went limp and the key card fell to the floor. I raised my hand to his chest. A few more moments and I leaned on him. We both breathe the same air and I tasted the wine on his tongue.

He loosened his grip and stepped back. "Go inside and sleep," he whispered, panting slightly.

I breathed deeply. "D-don't you want to come in?"

"No." He smiled. "Sleep, Rish. Think of this night as a dream."

"But..." My eyes watered. "I don't want to."

He smiled and gently wiped the tears from my cheeks. "I will watch you from afar. Before, you were the one watching me from afar, now it's me."

"Levi..." I firmly held his hand and stared into his eyes full of pleading.

His gaze deepened at me. After a while he grinned. "Ah, my little kitten. Don't be stubborn and be a good girl else..." He brought his mouth close to my ear. "I'll eat you whole," he said then laughed.

I didn't understand what he wanted to convey with those words but I just got more and more addicted to his every touch. So I grabbed his hand and kissed the back of his palm. "I love you, Levi. I love you so much!"

He grinned while caressing my cheek. "Good girl," he complimented then turned and walked away. "You'll forget what happened tonight."

Confused, I followed his receding bulk with my gaze. I can't understand what happened but there was only one thing on my mind at that time -- I would do anything to take him away from Nicole!

I stayed by the door for several hours. I just entered the room when the door opposite my door opened and a woman looked at me in surprise. When I saw my bed, I threw my body into it. Suddenly I felt regret. I should have been more assertive so Levi would come inside and I'll gladly give myself to him.

When my gaze landed on the open balcony, I noticed the sun rising in the east. It's daybreak yet I didn't sleep.

I stood when my phone rang. I picked it up and answered the call, clearing a throat. "Hello?"

"Joy, when are you coming home?"

"Oh." It's my mother. I  looked at the phone screen before answering. "Later at twelve, Ma."

"Good. Eat before you go."

"Alright."

Mama hung up and I threw the phone on the bed. I walked to the bathroom and took a shower. I just wore a simple T-shirt and jeans. And while I was checking the stuff, I saw the paperbags that were supposed to be for CareLikeGoldFish. I scratched my cheek. What should I say to the three girls?

I sighed and put it in my backpack before eating my breakfast. Looking at the dress and jewelries I wore last night, I sighed before I turned around and left, returning the key card to the front desk and paid the additional fee before exiting the building.

The sun was high and it was noisy outside because of a few guests bathing in the pools. I hired a taxi and went to the Airport. And during the trip, I remembered Levi again. That scene in his car last night while we were going back to the hotel.

He was leaning forward on the back of the driver's seat and holding the steering wheel with one hand, while the other held my hand. He squeezed it a little and clasped our hands together while he sang.

The corner of my lips curled upon remembering that scene.

Since I was only carrying a backpack, checking in at the departure lobby was no longer a hassle for me. I waited for a while before we were allowed to set off.

I sat by the window, putting on my seatbelt and looking outside.

Suddenly someone approached me. I glanced at the woman next to me. She smiled. "Miss? The crew has been calling you for a while."

I looked at the female attendant. She smiled at me. "Ma'am, do you need a blanket?"

"Huh?" I blinked. Maybe she noticed that I was sleepy. I shook my head. "No need. I won't sleep here."

"Are you sure you don't need a blanket, ma'am?"

I tried to smile. "Yeah. Please, I want to be alone."

"Sure, ma'am. Just call us when you need something."

"Okay thank you."

I looked back outside the window and tried not to sleep on plane. I succeeded. Fixing my hair that was messed up by the wind, I walked to the arrival area and bought coffee at a stall I passed by, sipping a little as I walked.

Do I take the ferry or the bus? But it's a hassle to travel on the bridge because now's the rush hour and I was expecting a heavy traffic in that area. I decided to take a ferry to Pier 3. Then, just take a bus back to Boljoon.

Because I was busy thinking of something, I didn't notice the man in front. I stepped on his black shoe and when I looked up, I saw a familiar face. I frowned.

"It's you again?" I whispered. I want to yell at him but I don't have the strength.

He frowned. "What happened to you? You look stressed."

I removed my foot from the top of his shoe and passed by him.

"Rishel," he called and grabbed my arm. He only pulled me gently but maybe my body couldn't take it anymore that I fell on his chest. He quickly grabbed my shoulder and wrapped his arm around my body. I looked down at the fallen disposable cup and spilled coffee on the white floor of the airport.

"What's going on with you? Are you really okay?" he whispered in my ear while his arms were around my waist.

"Y-Yes."

I just watched as cleaner came and mopped the dirty floor. He took the
disposable cup and threw it in the garbage can on the side. Lyndon made me face him. I'm tired of staring at his eyes so I avoided his gaze. His aura darkened, jaw clenching. "You should rest," he said.

"I don't need rest." I gently patted his hand that was holding both of my shoulders. "I'm going home. Please, let me go."

He shook his head. "I'll take you back." He grabbed my wrist and pulled me.

"What are you doing here? Are you following me?" I asked.

He looked at me for a moment. "No. Today is my flight back to Cebu."

"Oh."

A few more steps and my knee went weak. I fell to my knees. If Lyndon hadn't grabbed my wrist, I might have kissed the floor.

"Rishel! What's wrong with you?"

Lyndon knelt in front of me and held both of my cheeks. I could feel the burning stares of the people around us. The security guard approached but Lyndon pushed him away. His two eyebrows met even more. Without saying a word, he took me in his arms and walked out of the airport.