Chapter 60

There was silence, and Lyndon cleared his throat. "When did you find out?"

I clenched my fists and smiled wryly at him. "My son got his looks from you. Am I that stupid to not suspect? Also, you're too good to be true. Still wanting to marry a ruined woman?" I chuckled. "But even if I noticed it too late, I still want to ask why did you deceive me? Why did you make me believe you didn't know who you were? You made me look stupid, Lyndon!"

He stared at me for a few seconds before looking away. "Do you have evidence that he is my child?"

My eyes darkened at his question and I quickly took out the DNA result inside my handbag. I threw it right in his face. "I came home to the country just to see the results of the DNA test in person. Still wanna deny the truth?"

After he read what was written, he took down the result and looked at me again. My mood only got worse when he didn't even say a word. "What? Are you not going to say anything?"

"What do you want me to say?" He looked at the result again. "I have the right to sue you for stealing my bio sample."

I cursed loudly. The crew looked at me as well as some of the customers but I didn't care. "File a case if you want and I'll tell the world what you are!"

"I didn't mean it, Rishel." He sighed and massaged his temple. "I was also drugged that night. Luckily I escaped and hid in your room only to see you naked and alone in the bed."

"And you took the opportunity?" I asked, eyes squinting. I stared at him intently and when I couldn't stand the irritation, I stood up quickly and splashed the cold juice on his face. "Jerk!" I shouted then rushed out of the restaurant.

He didn't follow me so my mood got worse. "Should I still marry that stupid man?" I whispered annoyed then stopped at the waiting shed near the restaurant. I left the car at Lyndon's company so I thought I'd just take a taxi.

I don't know how many minutes I waited when a black car suddenly stopped in front of the waiting shed. I frowned and ignored it. I thought someone was going to get out but after a few minutes the driver didn't even roll down the window. It looks like someone is parking illegally.

I stepped away from the car but frowned when it followed me. So I did nothing but knock on the driver's door window. The window glass went down and my heart stopped beating when I saw Levi's face right in front of me.

Even though he was only in side view and wearing shades, I knew he was the owner of the car. I quickly stood up properly and stepped quickly away but the black car was still following me as if teasing me for running slowly. I gasped and stopped and sent a signal to my assistant. I also turned on my phone's GPS before finally facing the car and waited for Levi to get off but the latter didn't seem to have a plan.

"Get in the car," he said.

"What do you want?" I asked and stayed where I was.

He just looked at my way and looked at me from head to toe. The edge of his lips curved. "If you don't want another scandal to appear in headlines, get in the car."

He succeeded in reminding me of the scandal that broke the media five years ago. My lips became a line and I couldn't do anything but get into the car. The smile on Levi's lips grew even wider. He still had the urge to be angry and advised me to fasten my seatbelt. I gritted my teeth in annoyance but still did what he told me to.

The ride was quiet, but after a few minutes he suddenly asked a question. "Are you hiding from me, Rish?"

I took a deep breath to stop myself from scolding him. How dare him to call me that after what he did to me?