Chapter 69 - Many (8)

Start from the beginning

“Ah- yes.”

A brief exchange. Hwalin tried hard to calm her pounding heart.

‘Is it over? What a pity! Should I say something else? Yes, let’s!’

However, she had to tone down her enthusiasm because there were too many eyes around.

“I enjoyed the drama.”

She toned down too much. Her tone was very curt and soulless, even somewhat rude. Naturally, Kang Woojin felt the same.

‘She seems to have a bad personality.’

Soon, Woojin replied, several times colder than his usual demeanor.

“Thank you.”

Hwalin’s heartbeat intensified. Watching Kang Woojin from a distance and having him right in front of her felt worlds apart. Then Hwalin pulled on the arm of the manager standing next to her.

“…Brother, let’s go.”

“Huh? Ah, okay.”

She practically fled.

‘If I stay any longer, I feel like I might rush at him. I can’t, I can’t, I can’t! I need to calm down somewhere!’

Thus, Hwalin left the meeting room as abruptly as she had arrived, and the employee who had guided her followed out after getting an earful from the general director. It was then that Kang Woojin softly asked Choi Sung-gun, who was seated next to him.

“That woman, Hwalin, is she a bit peculiar?”

Shrugging his shoulders, Choi Sung-gun whispered back.

“I don’t know? I haven’t seen her much either. But given she’s close with Hye-yeon, she’s probably not ordinary. I haven’t heard any bad rumors, just that she’s not that approachable. Why?”

“No, nothing. Just asking.”

Woojin decided to let it go and not dwell on it.

‘Hwalin seems a bit rude. Well, celebrities have various personalities. It’s none of my business.’

There was a stark contrast in attitude compared to Hong Hye-yeon. At that moment, the plump general director smiled apologetically.

“Woojin, I’m sorry for the suddenness. It seems our employee made a mistake.”

“It’s fine.”

As Woojin responded, Choi Sung-gun chimed in.

“But are you doing something with Hwalin as well? Ah, just casually asking, you can ignore it if you like. Ha ha.”

Seeing the cheerful Choi Sung-gun, the general director smiled.

“To be honest, we’re also surprised. We don’t understand why both you, Mr. Kang Woojin, and Hwalin agreed to participate in this project.”

“Huh? When you say this project.”

“Yes, Hwalin came for a meeting related to the short drama ‘Male Friend’. It’s not confirmed yet.”

The general director looked at the woman seated next to him. Sitting beside her was a slim woman wearing glasses. It was Choi Na-na, the writer of ‘Male Friend’.

“It feels like… a dream. I was grateful that Woojin agreed, but I never expected Hwalin would contact us.”

The timidly spoken words of writer Choi Na-na were cut off by the general director, who then looked back at Choi Sung-gun and Woojin.