CHAPTER 16 : PARENT'S MEETING

DARRYL P.O.V

"As you can see the fire have been keep moving forward, wiping out more than thousand acres of land. It's been more than forty-eight hours since this disastrous event started. California forestry and fire department are doing their best to contain this massive wildfire. Also, they also rescued over hundreds of wildlife habitats. The residential citizens who live nearby that area were all evacuated soon enough and transferred to a safe zone. Just as we speak, the guardian knight, Rhomus has arrived. I could see at least hundreds of them flying above me and looks like they going to land inside the fire zone. Will they able stop this wildfire from get expand more. Stay tune for more update. This is Atkins, live from Zeon News. Upbringing the truth........'

I chuckle out when hearing that motto. Truth? I don't think so.

"You just cause a scene and pretend like nothing happen"

Ignoring him, I keep scrolled down the news feed on my iPad. Newspaper aren't my style.

"You make him begged on his knees, bankrupted his company and yet you still have nothing to say?"

"At least he should be lucky that I left some penny for his family" I said without seeing his face.

"By sending him off to jail?"

I shrugged, "He asked for it"

He chuckle out, "You're just ruthless like me"

"But at least I'm not heartless"

He slightly growl made me satisfy. Don't ever try to compare me with you, old man.

"And how exactly you think the Rhomus thing you created would be beneficial for us?"

"The production is only limited for now. With the help from both Japan and Germany we can start to mass-produce Rhomus worldwide. Soon, Conrad Robotics and Automotive will open its own headquarters on each country. When that happens......."

"You want to change Conrad Industries into conglomerate?" If there is someone else heard this they would be shocked. However, this old man is different.

Putting the iPad aside, I glance throughout the car window. "The board members had this idea long before but none of them have balls to initiate it. There is a change that needs to be done. Besides, our enemies are growing. We need to be one step ahead of them. Otherwise, we're the one going to lose"

He snicker out. "You know when our deal is over, you won't get anything in return, right? Except for that thing you asked for" Yeah. That's why I keep holding that deep anguish you caused me and the one who trusted you the most. And you didn't care about it. Just because of your selfishness.

I won't get nothing. Money, fame, status, or even Conrad shares. Fuck. Who needs those things. Especially from him.

"You better keep your word" This is more than a warning.

The smell of cigar hit my nostrils. I press the power window and inhale fresh air. The tall skyscrapers along the driveway blocking the scorching sun. When it comes to winter season, New York is the monster. Since we're on mid year, people of New York City were pretty lucky.

Among the buildings, there is one in particular caught my eyes. Not much care about the architecture design but the LED display board that been fixed on the middle of it. I see a bunch of people, standing outside that building, holding boards on the top of their head. Cheering out her name. Even there are few media channels doing live broadcast.