CHAPTER 13 : GOOD & BAD VIBES

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

The night sky glows with the bright city lights of New York. Less people, no honking sounds coming out from vehicles. Just a quiet and peaceful night.

Sydney yawned out as she looked out through the glass window. Most of the shop along their street closed down while the rest going to. When seeing the outside chilly atmosphere, she was lost on her thoughts.

After a long busy day, occupied with pack of customers, she was finally felt relax. At least, after she finish her cleaning duty.

"Have you done with your cleaning Syd?"

Megan walked out from the kitchen after finishing her chores back in the kitchen. She already changed back to her usual clothes. Prepared to leave.

"I really hate weekdays" she groaned, flopping down into one of the chair near the window.

Her comment made Sydney chuckle as she continued to wipe every table.

"Look on the bright side. We're going to get a hefty payout. Thanks to our hard ass work"

Megan scoffed didn't believe her words.

From business perspective, location is playing the most crucial part. Ever since 'R & T' café been settled among the busiest street, it gets a lot of attention. From locals to tourist. That's why their café become one of the best selling pastry shop in New York.

Megan shook her head, "Nope. That's because our famous chef Sydney is here. Or should I say, Maynard's only daughter"

"Bullshit!" Sydney exclaimed, feeling offended.

"Hey! You can't deny it" she pointed out.

Ignoring her friend's silly remark, she finished her last bit of cleaning. Sydney didn't believed her surname is the cause that this café become too popular than the rest. Everything she's doing now was her own choice. Gave her full dedication on her culinary field.

"Basically, everyone in your circle is following their parents footsteps. The Laws, Andrew, Danvers, and even your number one enemy, Sinclair"

Turn a deaf ear to her rambling, Sydney head back to the staff room. Even though Megan was not born with a golden spoon, she never once complained about it.

Throughout the years, her family hard-work eventually paid off. Now they have their very own business to run. It may not big as others but a stable and consistent one.

Unstrapped her apron she fold it neatly and put it inside her locker. Every items in her locker was placed in order which is her unique habit.

"HOLY SHIT!"

Sydney gasped out over Megan's scream. Taking her handbag, she slammed close the locker and quickly ran outside.

"What in the hell happened?"

As soon she rushed in she looked dumfounded. There is none. It just Megan's face looked excited after saw something on her phone.

"I'm going to kill you when you do this again" Sydney cursed her out.

However, Megan didn't seem to heard it. Instead she said, "You're definitely need to see this" She passed her phone to Sydney.

She took it and check by herself. It's an Instagram post from 'EMT' page. There was a picture of a yoing man nearly same age as her. His icy blue eyes looks intimidating. For a moment, Sydney get awe with it.

"Badass devil of New York" she readed out the caption below that post.

'Whose this jackass?' she thought herself. She knew a lot of rich kids on her social circle. But that man wasn't one of them.