CHAPTER 8 (PART I: DEVIL & SHIELD)

THIRD PERSON P

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

Time flies until the end of spring. After Darryl taken over Conrad Industries, a lot of changes have been made. Both internal and external.

Some were agreed about it while others against it. Those who resisted him has already faced his consequence with just one signature.

Nobody couldn't able to questioned over his ruthless decisions. Even the chairman keep quiet despite he knows everything.

Now the business world described Darryl as devil CEO.

"Conrad Industries' stock is now in bullish and reach its peak since 2010. The new CEO, Darryl Conrad has just become trendung hashtag no. 1 in every social media platform all over the New York City. However, the rumor about his past is still remain mystery...."

Darryl groan upon hearing the newsreader from the television. Eventhough, he achieved every success on everything, people are still trying to find filth about him.

The door of his cabin open slightly as Xenia head poked up.

"Can I come in boss?" she said with respect.

Darryl mood become eased over her sudden appearance.

"You don't have to ask my permission"

She giggles and come inside. Her formal navy blue attire makes her look elegant.

Handing over two black files to him, he took it and check each report of the current projects he been developing.

Xenia nervously wait for his boss response. A look of satisfaction plastered on Darryl's face.

"I'm impress with your work. Good job" he praised her.

She breathe in relief. Thanks to all her hardwork as it finally pays off.

"What today's schedule you want to kick me into?" he change the topic.

Her playful manner switched with professional one.

"You need to attend meeting at two. And then, you have a business dealership with Mr. Walter at four. After that, a contract signup with the Danny's Technologies Pvt. Lte"

He sigh, rubbing his temples.

"Come on Xenia. Can't you handle all of those things by yourself."

She shrug her shoulders, "I can't make all the decision by myself. After all, I'm just your secretary."

After Darryl kicked out Marsha, he hired Xenia as a full time employee and prometes her to be his personal assistant.

However she rejected his offer at first since she don't have enough experience. Darryl have no choice but to give his best to convinced her.

He really don't want Michael to appoint another slutty female for him. In another word, a spy.

Xenia finally accepted his offer which Darrly very happy about it. Her working got lacked at the beginning but her strong determination and dedication able to break it through.