Episode 80 ''The Beginning in the End'' Part 3

Start from the beginning

Venus just mumbles as he then gets up paying the bill and coming back to her helping her up, "Alright kid, let's get you back home for the night." While Wendell was still watching inside his car seeing the two coming out of the restaurant as the guy is keeping Venus up indicating that Venus was drunk as he then sees the guy starting to guide her to his car making Wendell feel irritated and worried about her safety as he quickly gets out of the car as he watches the guy wrap his arm around Venus going to open his door as he then shouts out, "Hey!" Jones stops looking to see it was Wendell who called him out who was quickly making his way over to them. Being a bit amused to what Wendell was thinking of doing he starts playing around a bit as he gives Wendell a smile greeting him, "Hello, can I help you with anything?" "Where are you going with her?" Jones looks at Venus who was semi passed out, "Huh? Oh, her, I was going to take her to her place. Why do you perhaps know her?" "Yeah, I do. I know her very well, who are you and what are you doing here with her?" "You can say I'm a close acquaintance to Venus, we just finished dinning together. But by seeing how protective and concerned you look seeing her with me, then it means her boyfriend right?"

Wendell was a bit surprised as he nods, "Yes, I'm her boyfriend, so I would appreciate if you hand her over." Jones smiles carefully handing Venus to Wendell who holds her close to him as Jones then says, "By the way, the name is Jones." Wendell thinks about it recalling that name from somewhere as it clicks into him as it was the guy who had that party with all the higher politicians and higher rank soldiers in which he and Venus where able to get into thanks to him as Wendell says, "Jones, as in Venus old soldier buddy right?" Jones nods chuckling a bit, "So you do remember me then. Nice to see you again boy and perfect timing as well. I have to still get going but take the little Lioness back home safe for me alright." Wendell nods as he watches Jones smirking a bit getting into his car and driving off. Wendell sighs a bit relieved seeing that it was really just an older friend and not a random guy that was trying to hit on her as he looks down at Venus who was now in his arms knocked out.

He has a small smile missing the feeling of her in his arms but a bit disappointed that they couldn't talk about why she suddenly decided to break up with him as they were doing so great together. He sighs a bit lighting her up into his arms and carries her to his car as he places her into her seat strapping the seatbelt as he then hears Venus whispers out, "I'm sorry Wendell." Wendell stops looking at her seeing a small tear falling down her face as he looks at her a bit sadly wiping it off as he says softly, "Why can't you be honest with me and tell me what's on your mind, Doll." He then shuts the door and goes to the driver seat driving off to her place. They finally arrive as Wendell carries her out of the car to her apartment as he rings on the door as it opens revealing Brennan who looks at Wendell who has a sleeping Venus in his arms surprised as she says, "Mr. Bray, please come in." Wendell nods, "Thank you Dr. Brennan." He goes into the apartment and makes his way into Venus room as he sets her down slowly onto her bed as both leave the room closing her door as Brennan says, "She didn't mention that she'd be dinning with you." "Uh, no... I was just passing by when her friend had to leave and asked me to bring her back."

Brennan nods, "I see. Well, I appreciate you bringing her back home Mr. Bray." "No problem, Dr. Brennan." She nods as she takes a look at him as she then says, "Seeing how calm and relaxed you are I'm assuming Venus told you her reasons of wanting no attachments before she leaves into war." Wendell looked absolutely in shock not knowing about it as he asks, "What?!" Brennan could see this as she then says, "I see that I am wrong and you didn't know about it. I retract my statement from earlier." Wendell looks at her, "What do you mean before going to war? Are you saying that Venus is joining the army again?" Brennan nods a bit as she then says, "I know that I started this... but I believe it's best if you talk to her about it." Wendell brushes his hair back not believing what he was hearing as he asks, "When-when is she leaving Dr. Brennan...?" "After this case is done." Wendell takes a deep breath not believing what he was hearing as he then says, "I- uh... I have to go Dr. Brennan..." Brennan nods escorting him out as she says, "Drive safe Mr. Bray." Wendell just nods as he was shocked and in disbelief about all of this and how soon everything was coming as he really needed to think about it before he did anything.