Episode 80 ''The Beginning in the End'' Part 2

Start from the beginning

Later that day Temp and I are going over to the dinner as we were about to cross the street as we stop seeing the Colonal sitting across Booth at the table telling him something as Booth looked displeased shaking his head as the Colonal gets up and leaves not before handing Booth a envelop. Temp and I then continue walking into the Dinner over to Booth as he seems to be putting the letter away as I also now looked and felt displeased about what it was about as Temp says, "Hi." Booth looks at us as he says, "Hey, Bones, Blueberry. What are you two doing here?" I then say, "You asked us to come over here to compare notes on the murder." He nods recalling, "Right. Yeah." Temp then asks, "Who was that soldier?" "Uh, just, um- just an old army buddy of mine." "You didn't look like buddies." I smile chuckling nodding adding, "You looked a bit grumpy like the Grouch in the Sesame St. show." He then pinches my check making me whine a bit as he tells Temp at the same time, "All of a sudden you can tell stuff like that?" He then looks at me, "And your being cheeky all of a sudden." I then blurted out, "Sorry..." He lets go of my cheek finally as I rub it a bit easing the little pain as Temp says, "Well, you've taught me to be more observant of human interaction. I can also tell that you're reluctant to be honest... about your real relationship with him."

Temp looks at me for some sort of explanation that I might know of as I then say, "The soldier there is a Colonal more specifically he is recruiting Ranger." Booth sighs taking out the envelop handing it to Temp as he says, "Yeah, she's right. How did you know about that Blueberry?" I sigh a bit leaning back onto the chair crossing my arms, "He came to me this morning." Booth looks at me sitting more straight up, "About what?" "He was trying to convince me to convince you to join in." Booth then grits his teeth a bit, "That bastard." I then add, "Don't worry, I refused and sent him away." Booth nods as Temp finished reading the letter, "They want you to go back into the army? As a sergeant major. I thought you were a master sergeant." Booth explains, "They're just trying to tempt me with a promotion, but I'm not goin." I nod respecting his decisions as Temp then says, "This lists your commendations. You were really good at being a soldier. Why do they want you back?" "You know, they just think that my experience as an F.B.I agent... and a sniper in the first Gulf War-" "You could train soldiers in techniques for tracking and apprehending insurgents."

Booth then takes the letter as he adds, "Yeah. Well, I'm really happy tracking and catching murderers right here." "They say you could save lives." "Course they're gonna say it." I nod agreeing adding, "It's the army. They say that 'cause that's what they want." Booth nods as Temp asks, "You don't think you'd save lives?" Booth nods, "Yeah, but, I mean, anyone would in that position." "Not everybody is as good as you or Venus and she's going to be joining." I then add, "Not by choice..." Booth says, "I served my country. I have a kid here. I got responsibilities. I'm not gonna go to Afghanistan, and you're not gonna go to the Makapoopoo Islands." Temp and I correct him, "Maluku." "Right. Exactly. You know what? We have our jobs here, right? Plus we are going to be right here waiting for Venus to come back in three months with a party waiting for her." I smile a bit as Temp nods a little as Booth smiles, "Yeah."

It was quiet for a moment until my phone starts ringing as I check my phone seeing that it was Wendell as I sigh a bit turning my phone off not answering it as I put it away as Booth asks, "Who was trying to call you?" I looked a bit sadden as I answered, "Wendell." Temp then says, "Right, he called this morning after you left asking for you." I nod a bit as Booth then asks, "Why aren't you answering him? Did you two get in a fight or did he do something?" Booth seemed ready to take action if he did something as I shake my head, "No, no. Nothing like that. It's just that I broke up with him yesterday." They both looked surprised as Temp asks, "Why? You two seemed compatible with each other still. Did you perhaps started losing interest in him." I chuckle a bit at her use of words as I shake my head a bit, "No. The interest is still there and much more." Booth then asks, "Then why break up with him, he's a good kid and as far as I see, he's treating you good too." I nod, "Yes, he does. It's just that I'll be leaving, and I don't want him to ever worry or wait for me to come back."