34 Taken

She walked up to Rat Man.

     "Is this all of them?" She looked around.

     "Most of them." Rat Man told her. "It'll be enough."

    "Start loading them in."

     "Okay, you heard. Let's go!" Rat Man ordered. "Get 'em on!"
WICKED soldiers started pulling kids up, pushing them towards the ship.

Thomas was then pulled up and pushed in front of Dr. Paige.

    "Hello, Thomas." She greeted.

I watched Teresa walk up to stand beside Dr. Paige, she wasn't forced, she wasn't pushed, she was willing. It became clear to me, it was her, she gave us up. I trusted her, we all did, and she just gave us up, after all we've been through.

    "I'm glad you're safe." Dr. Paige smiled at her.

    "What the hell?" Frypan asked as we stood behind Thomas. "Teresa?"

     "Wait, what's going on?" Newt asked her.

     "She's with them." Thomas spoke.

    "Since when?" Minho wondered as we turned our heads to Thomas.

    "Oh, Teresa's always had an evolved appreciation of the greater good." Rat Man smiled. "Once we restored her memories, it was only a matter of time." He walked behind her to stand on the other side of Dr. Paige.

     "I'm sorry." Teresa finally said. "I had no choice. This is the only way."

      "You always had a choice, and you've chosen." I told her.

    "We have to find a cure." She reasoned.

    "She's right. This is all just a means to an end. You used to understand that, Thomas. (Y/n), once you did to." Dr. Paige told us. "No matter what you think of me... I am not a monster. I'm a doctor. I swore an oath to find a cure! No matter the cost. I just need more time."

    "More blood." I turned to see Mary.
She ripped her arm away from a WICKED soldier and walked forward.

    "Hello, Mary. I hoped we'd meet again." Dr. Paige said. "I'm sorry it had to be under these circumstances."

    "I'm sorry about a lot of things, too. But not this. At least my conscience is clear." Mary told her.

    "So is mine." Dr. Paige said no emotion showing on her face.

There was a single gun shot. I look at Mary as crimson slowly started expanding from her shirt.

    "Mary? Mary? Mary!" Vince shouted. "MARY! MARY!"
Right behind Dr. Paige was Rat Man holding the gun that shot Mary.

Mary crumbles to the ground and Vince ran to catcher.

    "NO!" He screamed. "MARY! NO!"

    "Come on, Janson. Load them up." Dr. Paige turned away. "Let's go. All these people. Get rid of them. Let's go. Let's go!"