11 Teresa

Minho and I lead Thomas through the woods to the mapping hut.
Minho pulled off the sheet revealing an exact model of the Maze made of sticks.

    "It's the Maze. All of it." Minho sighed.

     "What do you mean, 'all of it'? I thought you were still mapping it." Thomas asked confused.

    "There's nothing left to map." I say.

     "I've run every inch of it myself. Every cycle, every pattern. If there was a way out, we would have found it by now." Minho admitted.

    "Why haven't you told anyone this?" Thomas asked.

   "It was Alby's call. People needed to believe we still had a chance of getting out. But maybe now we have a real chance." Minho took out the key and handed it to Thomas. "Take a look at this. About a year ago, we started exploring these outer sections. All right, we found these numbers printed on the walls. Sections One through Eight. See, the way it works is every night when the Maze changes it opens up a new section."

    "So today Section Six was open." I point. "Tomorrow it'll be Four, then Eight, then Three."

      "The pattern always stays the same." Minho said.

     "What's so special about Seven?" Thomas asked looking at the key.

    "I don't know. But last night, when you two killed that Griever, Section Seven was open. I think it must be where it comes from. Tomorrow the three of us are gonna take a closer look." Minho told us.

Clint and Jeff came running up stopping in the door.

    "Hey. What are you guys doing? You're not allowed in here." Minho said as him and I both stepped in front of the map.

    "Sorry, it's just the, um..." Jeff started both boys were out of breath.

     "It's the girl." Clint spoke.

     "What?" I question.

     "Is she awake?" Thomas asked.

     "You could say that." Jeff smiled.

——————

We ran back to the clearing and stopped beside Chuck who was laughing.

     "Chuck, what's going on?" Thomas asked.

     "Girls are awesome." Chuck pointed.

We look to see the other Gladers at the bottom of the treehouse.

    "Leave me alone!" I hear a girl voice yell from up top as I walk closer.
The boys were holding things over their heads, like pots and boxes as a girl threw rocks down.

I smile and laugh as she does.

    "Watch your heads." Frypan warned.

     "Hey! You throw one more of those things, I'm—OW!" Gally yelped as a rock hit his head.

     "Go away!" She yelled.