15 Gally

The moment Gally was up he took control. He convinced the other Gladers that it was all Thomas's fault, and that they could either choose to stay with him in the Glade or get banished with Thomas and Teresa tonight.

The sun was bright, high in the sky. Thomas and Teresa I were put in the pit. Most of the buildings were either destroyed or ash we've lost so many boys, so many in just one night.

"Hey, are you okay?" Teresa asked as Thomas finally opened his eyes. It was a relief the serum worked.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Chuck asked.

Him, Newt, I, and Minho all looked down on the to from outside the pit.

"What happened?" Thomas sat up.

"Gally's taken control. He said we had a choice. Either join him or get banished at sundown with you." Newt told him.

"And the others agreed to that?" Thomas pushed himself up.

"Gally has everyone convinced that you are the reason all this has happened." I say.

"Well, he's been right so far." Thomas said.

"What are you talking about?" Minho asked.

"This place... it's not what we thought it was. It's not a prison. It's a test. It all started when we were kids. They'd give us these challenges. They were experimenting on us. And then people started disappearing. Every month, one after the other, like clockwork." Thomas explained.

"Sending them up into the Maze?" Newt said.

"Yeah, but not all of us." Thomas said.

"What do you mean by that?" Newt asked.

"Guys, I'm one of them. The people who put you here, I worked with them. I watched you guys for years. The entire time you've been here, I... I was on the other side of it. (Y/n) you were supposed to, but you did something, something that made them angry
But you were there too." Thomas looked at Teresa.

"What?" Teresa questioned not wanting to believe it.

"Teresa, we did this to them."

"No." She shook her head. "That can't be true."

"It is. I saw it." Thomas told her.

"Why would they send us up if we were with them?" Teresa asked blinking back tears.

"It doesn't matter." Thomas said.

"He's right." Newt agreed. "It doesn't matter. Any of it. Because the people we were before the Maze, they don't even exist anymore. These Creators took care of that. But what does matter is who we are now and what we do right now. You went into the Maze, and you found a way out."

"Yeah, but if I hadn't, Alby would still be alive." Thomas said.

Newt took a long pause before he spoke, "Maybe. But I know that if he were here, he would be telling you the exact same thing. Pick your ass up and finish what you started. Because if we do nothing, then, that means Alby died for nothing, and I can't have that."

"Okay. There was also one more thing that I remember." Thomas said.

"What's that?" I ask.

"You, your... you are my sister." Thomas said.

I smile, everything makes sense, why I recognized him, why he was in some of my dreams.

"I knew it." I smile.

"Wait, how did you know?" Thomas wondered.

"Like I said, I've been having dreams, some involved you and me when we were younger." I say. "When I first saw you looked familiar, but not like a friend or how the other saw you, you felt more like family."

"This is great and all, but we still got to get through Gally first." Teresa spoke up.

—————

We made a plan, Thomas, my brother pretended to be unconscious.
It wasn't long before they had to be taken.
We stood by the doors as the Gladers gathered around. They were two large logs stuck in the ground.

"Gally." Winston spoke. "It doesn't feel right, man."

"Yeah, what if Thomas is right?" Jeff wondered. "Maybe he can lead us home."

"We are home. Okay." Gally told the boys. "I don't want to have to cross any more names off that wall."

"You really think banishing us is going to solve anything?" Teresa asked.

"No." Gally turned to her. "But this isn't a banishing. It's an offering."

"What?" What are you—?" Teresa protested as a boy pushed her against one of the logs, tying her to it.

"You really think I'm gonna let Thomas back into the Maze after what he's done?" Gally shouted. "Look around you. Look at our Glade. This is the only way."
Newt and I looked back at Minho who stood a little bit behind us. He gave us or not, and we looked back at Gally. "And when the Grievers get what they came here for... Everything goes back to the way it was."

"Are you listening to this? Why are you all just standing there?" Teresa asked. "He's crazy."

"Gally, nothing can go back to the way it was. We found a way out, that's what we've been looking for all these years, we're not going to ignore it." I say.

"You shut up." Gally pointed at me.

"If you stay here, the Grievers are going to come back. They're going to come back, and they're going to keep coming back until you're all dead." Teresa said.

"Shut up!" Gally yelled. "Tie him up." The boys didn't move. "Do you hear me? I said, tie him up!"

The two boys went to pick Thomas up and that's when it started. Thomas elbowed a boy in the place where the sun don't shine.
Before shutting him down and taking the boys spear.
Newt pulled out his machete, banging the other boy on the head with the dull end. The boy fell down as Newt punched another boy back.
I kicked the boy next to me back.
Frypan cuts Teresa free and Chuck ran up to us holding the supplies. Minho held his machete to Gally's neck as he walked to our side.
Everyone that was with us stood in front of the Maze doors across from Gally.

"You're full of surprises, aren't you?" Gally said.

"You don't have to come with us, but we are leaving. Anyone else who wants to come now's your last chance." Thomas called.

"Don't listen to him. He's trying to scare you." Gally told the Gladers.

"He's not trying to scare you. You're already scared. I'm scared, we all are. But Gally, I would rather risk my life out there, then spend another year in here. We don't belong here. Okay? This place isn't our home. Maybe it was once but not anymore. We were put here. We were trapped at least out there we have a choice. We can make it out of here, all of us. I know that. We're not gonna force anybody to come. But we prefer if you did. Jeff, Winston." I look at the two boys I could tell they were thinking about it.
They looked at each other before Winston made the first move. Then Jeff followed, and they walked over to our side.

"I'm sorry." Jeff told Gally as he passed.

Five other boys joined us.

"Gally, it's over. Just come with us." Thomas asked.

"Good luck against the Grievers." Gally turned around.