30 Marcus

(Question: should Y/n be captured when wicked attacks the right arm camp. But she is saved where Aris is.

Or should Y/n not get captured and escape with the others?

Or should Y/n get captured but escape before they come to get rescued and help rescue the others?)

——————

We ran out into an alleyway, we could hear people.

    "Hey, you hear that?" Thomas asked.

I looked behind us to see Brenda sitting down.

    "Are you all right?" I ask as we both walk over to her.

She pulled up her pant leg, revealing scratch marks from the Crack and a bite.

    "Shit." I breathe.

    "Brenda..." Thomas spoke.

     "Yeah, yeah. I know." She ripped up some fabric.

I pulled up my sleeve. I stared at the marks in my arm from the Crank. Not all the blood had dried yet.
I pick a piece of fabric off the ground, shaking it off and tightly wrapping it around before anyone could notice.

    "Let's just go find Marcus." Brenda said, grabbing her pack and standing up.

I looked over at Thomas dried blood was under his nose.

————

We follow through the alley and step out onto the road, unlike the rosary walked through before this road had people. There were many tents and camp set up on the sides, people walking.

    "Try to blend in." Brenda told us.

There were many fires lit, but they were controlled fires, in pits or cans people stood around them either for warmth or to heat up food.

We followed Brenda and she let us to a building. I could hear chattering inside paired with music. This building was crowded.

    "Are you sure this is the place?" I ask. I just want to see Newt.

Brenda let us to the door before we could go in a woman walked up behind us.

    "You here for the party?" She asked us her blonde hair a knotted mess.

   "Uh, no." Brenda answered. "We're looking for Marcus. This is his place, isn't it?"

    "This is my place." We turn to see a man step out from the building.
Brenda pushed us forward.

    "Are you Marcus?" Thomas asked.

    "Marcus doesn't live here anymore." The man told us fiddling with some rings. He was wearing a dark red jacket, each of his fingers had a ring, a couple necklaces rested on his chest.

     "Do you know where we can find him?" Brenda asked.

    "Sure, sure. He's over in Zone B."

    "Okay. What's Zone B?" Thomas wondered.

     "It's where they burn the bodies." The woman that spoke to us earlier walked around Thomas, closely speaking in his ear.

    "Okay, look, has anyone else been by here, looking for him? Group of kids around our age? There should be a boy with them, blonde hair, slight limp." I hope.

    "They also had a girl with them. Dark hair." Thomas added.

    "You know, uh... I think they might be inside." The man told us, he then reached into his jacket, pulling out a bottle of some mysterious liquor. "Here. Drink this."