Part 35

Dear Diary,

What a beautiful day it is to be a black girl. I began my day with a Bible verse, a cup of green tea and started packing my clothes because I'm heading to my cousin's town later today. It's going to be such a great time catching up.

Guess what? Sara and Collen will be dropping me off at the bus stop in just an hour from now. You know, Collen seems to be showing some interest in me lately. Sara always wonders what men see in me. It's funny, I never considered myself someone who dresses provocatively – I'm just down-to-earth, always carrying a smile wherever I go. Did you catch how Sara teases me about that? But, honestly, I appreciate her loyalty to our friendship. She even warned me not to fall for Collen's words, explaining that he talks to so many other girls. It's touching how she cares enough to be honest, even if it involves her own brother.

Speaking of Collen, now I know who he truly is. I won't let him play games with my heart. In fact, I will beat him at his own game.

Oh, let me tell you about last night's movie outing. So much happened – like Mark surprisingly holding my hand as we entered the building. And get this, he even draped his jacket over me because I forgot mine, and it unexpectedly got so cold. It was a gesture I didn't anticipate, but it made the evening even more memorable. Life has a way of surprising us, doesn't it?

Before I sign off for today, Diary, I have a favor to ask. Please pray for my journey to Swakopmund. You know I'm a travel enthusiast, and this trip is going to be quite an adventure. I'm excited to see my cousin, that reminds me—did I ever mention her name? My manners! She's Anna, my mother's sister's first born. Someone who's been there in all stages of my life. She's actually the main reason why I have a different perspective on life—that I should never pause it for anyone or anything.

You know what, Diary? When I grow up, I want to be exactly like her.

Until next time,

Iyaloo