Part 9

Dear Diary,

Today has really been a pretty laid-back one, to be honest. I woke up feeling kind of lazy, and my phone seemed to be the only source of entertainment. So, I started scrolling through it.

My phone's been feeling quite dry lately, you know? There's not much happening, and boredom crept in. So, I thought, "Why not check out Instagram?" It's been a while since I've posted anything on there, and I figured it could be fun.

I opened the app and, well, there was nothing new and exciting, except for the usual stuff - half-naked, beautiful women, and my DMs filled with messages from Indian guys. Social media can be a real trip sometimes, right? I mean, it's like a whole different world out there.

I decided to break the Instagram silence and thought, "Why not update my story with a cute cat picture?" Everyone loves cats, right? So, I posted that and quickly logged out. It's not like I was planning on getting lost in the endless scroll. I even went the extra mile and uninstalled the app. Sometimes, you just need a break from the constant bombardment of images and messages.

But, oh boy, that didn't solve my problems. As soon as I went offline, the messages from guys I barely even want to meet up with started flooding in. It's like they have a radar for when you're not around. Ugh, it's a bit overwhelming. So, I hit that flight mode switch and decided to continue my day without any disturbances.

Now, here's where my day takes an interesting turn. I've been watching this Chinese series on Netflix. Most people I know prefer Korean dramas because they're really into the whole acting thing and the way they portray love. But for some reason, I've found myself falling for the Chinese series, mainly because of their more innocent, childlike charm. It makes them seem cute in a way.

It's funny how I've even picked up some Chinese through these day-to-day series. I mean, I don't even watch them with subtitles on anymore. It's like I've been on a linguistic adventure, courtesy of Netflix. I've become so familiar with the language that I can follow the conversations so well. It's like a hidden superpower that I never expected to have.

So, with my Instagram dilemma behind me, I continued my day. Today was a lecture-free day, which meant that my day stretched on and on. It felt like I'd covered kilometers walking to and from the fridge, grabbing anything edible to munch on every few minutes. I guess that's what happens when you're home all day and there's food readily available.

And speaking of food, I had the most random cravings throughout the day. At one point, I was digging into a bag of chips like they were going out of style. Then, a little while later, I had a sudden urge for some chocolate. You know those days when you snack so much that you've practically had a full meal from all the nibbling? That was definitely my day today.

While I was on my Netflix binge, I kept thinking about my preferences in series. It's funny how people have their own tastes, and I guess I'm just drawn to the sweet, innocent, and yes, somewhat childish love stories. It's like a breath of fresh air in a world where things can get so complicated.

Life is funny that way. Sometimes, it's the simple, everyday things that make your day interesting, even if it's just the journey from the fridge back to the couch.

Lol.

Until next time

Iyaloo