Part 12

Dear Diary,

So this morning, I woke up with the intention of going to church. However, Sara informed me that she wouldn't be able to join me this time. She mentioned that she hadn't gotten enough sleep over the weekend, and with another day of lectures tomorrow, she needed the rest. Going to church alone isn't an issue for me, as I've become accustomed to facing many things in life on my own.

Interestingly, my landlord surprised me by offering me a lift to church. It turns out he's planning to go as well. You might be imagining that he's an older man, but he's actually in his late twenties and has a fresh and youthful demeanor. He's a kind and peaceful individual, and I have to admit, quite handsome too. However, while I've observed him bringing ladies around, my focus isn't on having anything with him.

As I sit here on my bed wearing my white long dress and brown sandals, I glance at my Fenn overrated bag, a gift from my older sister on my 21st birthday. It reminds me of the cherished memories and the bond we share. The morning is still young, and I can sense that my landlord is taking his time getting ready.

I'm beginning to feel a bit anxious about sharing a seat with my landlord at church. My social anxiety is creeping in, and I can't help but worry about what people might think. Will they assume he's my uncle or boyfriend? I can already envision the speculation and assumptions. Perhaps agreeing to go with him wasn't the best idea. I tend to be overly nice at times, you see...

But also, I believe that people's opinions shouldn't dictate my actions or decisions. So as I head out to church, I remind myself that I am my own person.

You know what? Please keep this a secret.

Until next time,

Iyaloo