Chapter 66 - Many (5)

Start from the beginning

Makes sense. Kang Woojin nodded internally. The concept was easy to grasp at once. Soon after, Choi Sung-gun flipped a page in his diary and began another briefing.

“There are many offers for variety shows and interview requests from various media outlets, but I’ve declined them all. You don’t need to appear on every single one. If you were trying to gain recognition from a minor role, it might be different, but in your current situation, it’s not beneficial.”

“I feel the same way.”

While Woojin pretended to know what he was talking about, in reality, he was clueless. He trusted Choi Sung-gun, the professional, to handle it.

“Instead, I’ve secured a few magazine photoshoots that can be done quickly and a few schedules related to ‘Profiler Hanryang’. Even though Park Dae-ri’s character died after episode 4, according to PD Song, he will continue to appear in flashbacks in the later episodes.”

As Woojin nodded, Choi Sung-gun closed his diary and added,

“Starting today, there will be a lot of articles related to you. While there’s already a surge of articles, they don’t have much substance. However, the ones our PR team is releasing will contain substantial content.”

His smile deepened.

“Since ‘Hanryang’ is over, let’s go all out on the PR. Let’s milk all the attention.”

Afterward.

As Choi Sung-gun said, by lunchtime, numerous articles about Kang Woojin began to surface. Before, the content was mostly associated with ‘Profiler Hanryang’ or related to Park Dae-ri, but now it was solely news related to Kang Woojin.

From PD Yoon Byung-seon’s ‘Sports Day’ to the back-to-back hits of ‘Exorcism’ and ‘Profiler Hanryang’, everyone wondered what would be next for Kang Woojin.

『[Star IS] Chungmuro’s blue chip + Rising rookie Kang Woojin, still quiet on his next project… When will it be decided?』

Especially, there was much curiosity from both the media and the public about Kang Woojin’s next project and future plans. And for good reason, as no one had heard any rumors about it. There weren’t even the usual entertainment gossip.

As a result, everyone in the entertainment industry was left in suspense.

Usually, when a newbie shines, their next move is evident. However, Kang Woojin, who made several times the impact of a typical newcomer, remained silent. Even his agency was tight-lipped.

『Movie? Drama? No news on either side, fans explode with curiosity over the silence of the rapidly rising ‘Kang Woojin’.』

However, the source of most current articles was Choi Sung-gun. The impact was already tremendous as countless places on the internet were buzzing about it. In other words, everything was rolling in the direction Choi Sung-gun wanted.

Time to let it mature.

And a day passed. Another bright morning came, Wednesday the 27th. That day, Kang Woojin signed official contracts for two works he had previously discussed.

In the morning, it was for a fill-in role in ‘Drug Dealer’.

“Ah, please take care, Woojin. Thank you, really, truly thank you. You’re a lifesaver.”

“I’ll do my best, Director.”

“Well, I should be the one working hard. But, by the way, you’ve been getting a lot of attention lately, haven’t you?”

“People seem to think highly of me.”

“No, no, it’s because you did well. I watched episode 4 of ‘Hanryang’ and wow, your acting was amazing. Anyway, I’ll get the shooting schedule sorted out as soon as possible. Please familiarize yourself with the script in the meantime.”