25. Ctrl+Alt+Delete

Start from the beginning

Someone help me.

⚜️

I shot up in bed, clutching my chest for the third time this week. "F-fuck!" I yelled out loud into the black abyss of my room. My chest was heaving up and down so fast I could feel my heartbeat rise to my throat. "Fuck this is insanity."

Nightmares were a normal thing for me most of my life, most of the time recurring in the same story. Over and over again, until some days I'd completely lose it. But things had started to change, when I met the guys and when I transitioned. My nightmares became premonitions for the future and once they happened, the dreams subsided. For the most part anyways.

I hadn't had the ocean dream in a long time. It instantly brought me back to all those times I would see my mom or Vera. Just the thought had sent chills down my spine. One thing was for certain though, I was sure dreaming about blue feathers a lot.

I didn't even know if a bird native to Cali was a color blue like that. I mean it could've been a fake one from a craft store, that was way more believable than me thinking Jimin was subliminally trying to reach me via Morse code.

Maybe delulu wasn't always the solulu.

Especially when I hadn't heard a word from any of them since.

I managed to calm myself down and put my lamp on. The last time the ocean was on my mind was at our old apartment. Now I'm in a completely different place and disorientated.

My room was twice the size of the one before. I changed it up this time and put black curtains up, opposite from the sheer red they were before. I got a huge canopy bed with sheer curtains to lock me in, and brand new black vintage dressers and night stands. I wanted a fresh start and nothing to remind us of what used to be.

I slowly got up from my bed and went downstairs to get water. Clara wasn't home and Hobi was passed out in the spare room, since his apartment was getting renovated and he needed a place to crash. We had an open concept loft now, dark cherry wood decorated throughout the home. Brand new appliances and neatly decorated with both of our styles. Contemporary with a hint of gothic.

It was almost as if the past never happened

It was almost as if the past never happened. There was never talk of it, traces of it. Sometimes I felt like I was the crazy one, still stuck in limbo over it all.

"You okay?"

Hobi slowly walked up behind me in the kitchen and wrapped me in a back hug. Groaning from sleep and leaning all his weight into my back. I held his arms around me and smiled. "Yeah, I'm good. Just a bad dream."

"Life is a bad dream." He said releasing me and going to flop down on our giant puffy sectional Clara just "had" to have.

I felt guilty that we still hadn't told him everything about us, it felt like some hidden relic secret that if we told him, the world would crash and burn. Maybe it would and I could finally be at peace.