Chapter 28: Skywalker

(Castles of Glass by Linkin Park for this chapter.)

Within the intensive healing care pod, Finn lay still in the coma from earlier. His life support and vitals were stable, Dr Kalonia's diagnosis on Finn was all that they could hope was true. Rey and Amilyn looked at Finn who would probably never know where they were going. Nothing would be certain until Finn fully recovered.

 Rey had a long, draped gray cape around her body and held her quarterstaff tightly in her right hand. Amilyn borrowed one of her aunts gray leather jackets and she put a piece of gold hair jewelry that Leia said had belonged to Amilyn's mother. Rey noted the hour as they knew they'd have to leave. Leaning to him both closely, Amilyn spoke first.

"You did good. We will see each other again. We will and I promise." Amilyn said touching his hand knowing he wouldn't feel it. But it was for him to hear these words through force as he battled the darkness in sleep. She turned leaving Rey to say her goodbye to Finn.

"We'll see each other again. I believe that. Thank you, friend." Rey spoke softly with determination in her voice. She could feel slight tears from in her eyes which she blinked away. She planted a soft kiss on Finn's cheek and left the room to see Amilyn and Poe were saying goodbye. "Those people are right. Why don't they just kiss already." Rey mumbled under her breath smiling at the thought.

"You're leaving again?" Poe asked Amilyn teasingly.

"Worried about me?" Amilyn teased Poe who pulled her into a warm embrace. They both didn't want it to be the last time they saw each other. They knew they were both very close friends and would do anything to keep one another safe.

"I know you'll be okay. Just.....don't get hurt." Poe said as he hugged her a little tighter. Amilyn smiled as she hugged him back. They let go of each others warm embrace as a pilot called to Poe  about X-wing. He walked off in the distance. "Poe." She said and Poe turned her. "May the force be with you." 

Poe nods and smiles at her softly and walked off from her to see what was going. "I love you....Poe." Amilyn whispered under her breath knowing it was too late as she looked to her aunt who was waiting for her to leave. Her aunt was wearing a dark blue soft, velvet dress as she waited for Amilyn to reach her before she spoke.

"I'm proud of what you're about to do. Your mother would've been to." Leia told Amilyn.

"But you're also afraid of sending me, because of what happened to Ben." Amilyn replied with seriousness.

"You won't share the same fate as him Amilyn." Leia reassured her.

"My mother. Describe to me what she was like. I'd like to know.....dad never told me." Amilyn asked her aunt who stared back at her.

"Your mother. She was beautiful, brave, sometimes reckless, she was a fighter, and she loved you and your father deeply." Leia told Amilyn.

"I know that what we are doing is right. This is how it has to be. And that it's how it should be."

Leia gently smiled, and gave her niece a short, but warm embrace. "I know it too." They separated from each other and Amilyn began to walk up the ramp. "And Amy. May the force be with you."

"You too." Amilyn shouted to her aunt as the ramp closed behind Amilyn. Leia watched still waiting for the Falcon to take off. Then she was joined by BB-8, Poe, and C-3PO moving a safe distance from the Falcon taking off.

In the cockpit, Rey had seated herself in the co-pilot chair. Amilyn was about to take the seat behind Rey, but Chewie had other ideas. He roared something at her which she couldn't catch by R2 beeping at the same time. 

"Chewie, the Falcon needs the pilot to take off." A series of moans escaped Chewie revealing what he had meant. "What? You want me to pilot...Chewie...thank you." Amilyn said smiling up at the old wookie. R2-D2 beeped happily as Amilyn took the pilots seat.

She pulled down on the yoke as Chewie flicked on some buttons above her reach. She completed a scan on her console as she lifted the Falcon above the base. The resistance cheered as they left, but Leia looked at a worried Poe. "You know she'll come back."

"I do.....I just guess I know I can't lose her." Poe responded with a small smile to Leia. Leia knew that even if her niece didn't. She could tell that Poe and Amilyn were slowly falling for each other. It was cute how they didn't realize it. She watched with a smile as the Falcon took off.

(Time Skip)

Amilyn pulled the lever down making them exit out of the swirling of hyperspace. The planet was mostly ocean, and from afar it looked like dotted green islands. Greenery caped the stony tanks below each islands end. Above the calming waters, were some birds high above.

The uproar of the Falcon landing made the birds scatter around in other directions. The Falcon was banked on a larger island, slowing down as it hit the gray ricks caked with brown dirt. The ramp from the Falcon descended as Amilyn exited looking out amongst the beauty of what the planet had to offer her. The air was calm, and smelled of the ocean that was beating against the island. 

Amilyn had put a brown leather satchel that had been in one of the old storage closets in the Falcon. It carried her fathers lightsaber which Rey had given to her. Chewie, Rey, and R2-D2 stood at the bottom watching her as she walked up the old stony steps. Amilyn turned her head to see both Rey and Chewie waving to her encouragingly, and R2 made out a few happy beeps.

Amilyn walked up the old steps as she made her way up the hill. The stones were very old by the looks of worn edges and cracked bits with evergreen grass covering bits of it. The climb up was steep, but the humid air made the journey much more tiring. Eventually, she came across a blank green grass atop of the big hill.

She halted abruptly sensing her fathers presence. Some distance from her, stood figure shrouded in gray robes and cloak. It did not matter if the figure didn't want to face her, she knew it was him. Yet her body froze looking at him for a little bit had probably jolted a few memories back into her head.

Whether she was still staring at the figure, the figure turned around to face her. The figure lifted up their gray hood revealing a face she hadn't seen in a long time. Luke Skywalker. His beard and hair were graying brown, but he had the same eyes she alway remembered him for. He looked almost as if the past was still haunting him. He didn't speak, and neither did she.

Amilyn reached into her satchel and removed her fathers old lightsaber. She took several steps forward, but her father stood there watching her. An offer, a plea to him to help the Resistance. He would be their only hope, if he joined. She wondered what her fathers next move would be.