Chapter 13: Hope

(Quick Note: listen to I Get Off by Halestorm during this chapter.)

They had reached the outdoors to see mostly the walls had caved in and had caught on a bright red fire. They kept cover from the falling walls  as they stared onto the battle going on outside. Stormtroopers against innocents without a weapon. "Go. Find your friend. And that droid." Maz told them.

Finn reached to find his blaster was gone. He had left it with the alien crew he was going to leave with. He had no weapon. "Lost my blaster. I need a weapon."

Maz looked at Finn grabbing the wrist that held the lightsaber. "You have one." Han and Amilyn looked at Maz shocked. She was alllowing him to use the ceremonial weapon Luke had used. Did she really expect him to use it when you had Amilyn there as a true Jedi? Blasters were the only things Troopers had been trained for.

Amilyn activated her lightsabers feeling the vibration from them. "Well I, not standing around as they kill innocents." She walked out there and blocked a few blasts as the troopers yelled they had found her. Finn activated the lightsaber in his hand and looked at the blue glow from the lethal beam. Maz was confident he could do this.......he couldn't let Rey down again like he already had.

Han and Chewie took cover as they returned gunfire at the troopers. He charged into the battle slicing a stormtroopers gun in half surprising the trooper. Amilyn had already been fighting them off like they were nothing, but smiled back at the courageousness of Finn coming to fight. "Nice one."

(Rey's POV)

SNAP! She whipped her head around to hearing the twig snap. She raised her gun in front of her to see Kylo Ren in front of her as he approached her. She panicked and shot aimlessly at him running backwards. He blocked each shot towards him with his lightsaber. She still fired at him as she reached a hill.

He raised his hand towards her using the force to do something to her. Suddenly, she felt as if she'd been frozen in place. She inhaled sharply as her hand with the gun had frozen in place, and she tried to pull away from him. It was no use he was too strong for her to face. 

He examined her behind his mask who looked at her. There must've been a monster under the mask he was wearing, so people wouldn't see the evil running through him. He finally spoke and seemed surprised that she was trying to fight against his force restraint. "You would kill me. Knowing nothing about me."

"I don't have to." Rey spat out as he restrained her back. "Why wouldn't I?" You're with the First Order."

"I would say otherwise. But that is nothing but a small thing. Simple ignorances are easily redeemed." As he spoke he circled around her examine her. He had spoken as if he knew nothing about the First Order and was just looking for someone.....Amilyn....he was searching for this presumed dead Jedi years ago.

"I see you've met the droid and Skywalker's daughter. So afraid...yet I should be the one who's scared. You shot first. And yet, at least I have the force to help defend myself with." He spoke coldly it made a shiver go up her spine. Amilyn was right.....the darkness had consumed the boy she'd once knew.

He stopped circling her and put his lightsaber a few inches from her throat. He could slit her throat at anytime....and that wasn't a  cool way to die Rey thought to herself. "Something." He spoke sounding mystified, "There is something....Who are you?"

(Amilyn's POV)

Stormtroopers had terrible aim. Everybody knew that. For trained at shooting a target they missed the target by a few inches. But she blocked off the shots whizzing past her. Dual wielding helped when it came to stormtroopers aimless, firing. She suddnely didn't hear Han and Cheiwe's firing. 

How far was she from them? She recounted her steps, but still blocked each shot that came at her. They were a few miles from her, but you'd be able to still hear their guns firing....unless. Unless, the First Order was capturing them to get her attention. It was quite working though.

She had devise a quick plan. She jumped on top of a wall and slid off it purposefully so the shots of fire couldn't get her. A surprise attack. It was the only logical advantage she'd have against them. The First Order was used to have everything handed to the, directly without hesitation. But they weren't going to get her to surrender.....they never would.

She watched as they took Han, Chewie, and Finn hands above their head, and they took them to a firing squad. Great. That was a good idea. They wanted her to stop them and surrender so that Kylo Ren could get to her. Rey better be safe because Kylo Ren was nowhere to be seen oddly enough.

A stormtrooper barked at the others as they loaded their guns to fire on Han, Chewie, and Finn. She estimated her jumping point. Han, Chewie, and Finn braced for their immediate doom. She jumped down from the height in front of them as the stormtroopers shot at them.

She raised her hand using the force to freeze the blasts. But....it did more than that....it froze troopers and blasts in midair. She could feel the looks of amazement from Han, Chewie, and Finn. She sliced off the guns tops and deflected the blasts back at the troopers. "Hey there's only a few bucket heads left," she said to them.

Then a familiar sound of an X-wing filled the air. She looked up to see them firing at the First Order. The Resistance had come to save them. She mpsmiled as she stabbed a trooper about to kill her.  "That's one Helluva a pilot." Finn called out seeing the impressive squadron leader. So had Leia replaced Poe already.

"Yeah but keep your head outta the clouds." Han yelled at Finn who had forgotten they were in the middle of a fight.

(Kylo's POV)

"Sir!" A trooper called to him. "The Resistance fighters."

"Pull out our troops. We have what we need." He said using the force to put the girl to sleep. She fell into his arms as he carried her to the shuttle. She was very light, but it made no sense to drag her around. She had the map in her memory.

(Back to Amilyn's)

She looked out onto the shuttle. They were fleeing from the battle they caused....they were being cowards. She watched as Kylo Ren carried.....Rey!

"REY!" she yelled at the top of her lungs and Finn shouted it after her. She ran towards the shuttle. Kylo Ren gave Amilyn a quick glance as the shuttle took off taking Rey with them.

"REY!!!" Finn shouted as the ship disappeared.