Chapter 6: Finn

"How did you do that?" Asked Rey as she and Amilyn walked away from the post. BB-8 following behind them both. Sand kicking between their boots and rolling into BB-8's round ball cracks.

"It's an old Jedi mind trick my father taught me." Amilyn explained to Rey. "One day maybe you could do it to...."

"What?"asked Rey. Amilyn sighed. Rey was off in her own world right now. Made sense she had just given Rey a food supply for a good few weeks. "Nothing." She finally said to Rey.

"Who was your father?" Asked Rey.

"He was a legend. A war hero. Many people would say." Amilyn told Rey.

Suddenly, two thugs draped in gray clothing and wearing masks to help breathe cleaner energy. One of them put a net around BB-8, and the other grabbed Rey. "Hey!" Said Amilyn grabbing her gun in her satchel. Rey kicked the thug behind her in the shin and hit him in the head with her staff. Amilyn pulls the trigger stunning the thug bagging BB-8. 

"Hey Buddy you okay?" Amilyn asked the droid as she pulled the the sack off the poor droids head. BB-8 beeped vigorously at something. "Wow slow down..now say that slower."

Rey looked to see a man watching them. A dark skinned man, wearing a brown leather jacket, and starring at her and Amilyn. Amilyn looked behind her to see the man. "That's Poe's jacket." Amilyn said to Rey.

"Who?"

"My friend he's wearing his jacket." Amilyn said meaning the man starring at them.

"Then let's go get him!" Said Rey running towards the man. The man stumbled back and ran through the draped clothes around realizing he was the next target. He ran through the customers tents. Rey cut through the right side and Amilyn closely followed by BB-8 to the left side of the man.

The man ran in a hurry. He was their target they were aiming for. He tried to lose them through the tents. Breathing heavily as he came to a halt.

He turned his head only to be hit by Rey's staff. "What's your hurry thief?" Asked Rey. Amilyn activated a lightsaber putting it inches above him

"What?" The man confused. "You're a Jedi?" BB-8 cut the man off zapping him. "Ow!" The man yelled in pain.

"Where'd you get that jacket?" Asked Amilyn "You stole it didn't you!"

"What no listen...Ow! Quit it!" The man said as BB-8 zapped him again.

"Where's Poe?" Asked Amilyn. 

"You knew Poe....wait your Amilyn aren't you?" Amilyn felt a shock go over her body.

"What happened to him?" Bb-8 got ready for the next zap he'd give the man.

"Poe was captured...by the First Order. I helped him escape, but our ship crashed.....Poe didn't make it." Amilyn's heart dropped. Poe.....was gone. He'd died. BB-8 sadly put away his zapper and held his head low in sadness. Amilyn fought back tears as she starred at the man.

"Look I tried to help him....I'm sorry...." The man said missing parts in his sentences. Amilyn deactivated her lightsaber and gave the man her hand to help him get up.

"So you're a Jedi?" Asked the man

"Yes! Isn't that obvious," said Rey before Amilyn could say yes for herself who was looking over at the sad BB-8. BB-8 banged his head against a stick that held a tent. Amilyn wanted to go talk to him, but it seemed this man was a man full of question.

"So you're with the resistance?" Asked Rey to the man.

"Obviously.....Yeah I'm with the resistance." Said the man. Amilyn looked at the man strangely as knowing she'd never seen him before at D'Quar.

"I've never met a resistance fighter..."

"I'm one! How do you think I met Poe?" Said Amilyn who'd obviously had on the patch and the wooden carved necklace with the symbol.

"Sorry....I guess I meant another one of you."

"I'll take that as a small....minor mistake in words. But I've never seen you around..."

"Finn. My name is Finn." The man said as he brushed sand off him.

"You a newcomer then? Did my aunt Leia send you to find me?" Amilyn asked Finn

"Wait! You're the resistance general's niece?" Asked Finn. It showed he was lying at one part of his tall tale of lies she thought she saw in him. Or maybe he went out after them recklessly....like Poe used to do.

"BB-8 says he's on a secret mission to deliver a map to the resistance....BB-8 stop being on that stick before this tent collapses on us." Rey said to Finn then turning to the poor droid. BB-8 beeped his reply and rolled back over to them.

"Apparently he's carrying a map to Luke Skywalker..."

"Luke Skywalker!" Rey asked. "I thought he was a myth."

"Does everybody tell you every hero is a myth?" Asked Amilyn.

"They all do."

"Well that's really dumb....Luke was....really amazing...he disappeared 7 years ago." Just then BB-8 started beeping in a way that meant warning.

"What is it..." Rey trails off as they see storm troopers in the distance. They were talking to a local village person. They then meet up with the thugs that point to their spot.

"Run." Amilyn told them. Finn grabbed Rey's hand and followed Amilyn. BB-8 rolled behind them, but very fats like he was a complete new droid.

"What are you doing?" Asked Rey furiously at Finn who grabbed her without her permission.

Szzt! Blasts of lasers from the stormtroopers ripped past them. Rey let out a small scream. Amilyn took out the lightsaber to her left and blocked a shot coming to Rey and Finn. They race through the tents with BB-8 rolling behind them. 

"Come on Buddy!" Said Amilyn to BB-8

"Let go of me!" Said Rey to Finn who was still holding her hand.

"No! We gotta move!" Shouted Finn over the loud firing.

"I can't believe I'm saying this! Just listen to him for now Rey!" Amilyn called to them as she blocked yet another shot with her lightsaber.

"I know how to run! And we can cut through this way!" Shouted Rey to Amilyn. "BB-8 Stay close!" 

Rey ran ahead as Amilyn blocked the shots of the troopers making sure they got in by safely. Another blast whizzed past as soon as they disappeared into the tents. "Call in Air Force." Said the troopers.

They ducked behind the fully clothed tent. Rey watched as Finn rummaged through the gadgets, gizmos, and weapons on the table. Amilyn deactivated her lightsaber. They stay quiet as they wait for them to waver off.

"They're shooting at us!" Rey whispered angrily.

"Yeah that's because they saw you with me!" Finn whispered back.

"Well thanks for that!" Amilyn whispered.

"I'm not the one who was chasing me with a Jedi and hit by a girl with a staff!" Finn whispered angrily. Fair point. Rey did hit him in the head with her staff, while Amilyn did intimidate him with her abilities.

"You okay?" Rey whispered to BB-8. BB-8 beeped back his reply quietly. Finn put his hand over Rey's mouth, but he didn't over Amilyn who gave him a dirty look of "If you touch me, you'll  be dead within seconds."

But over head was the sound of ships. Tie-Fighters. The Troopers were putting and air strike on the four of them.