Chapter 2: Stars and Sand

"Aunt!" Said Amilyn interrupting the other officers around her aunt. She winced back in embarrassment as she had interrupted an important meeting. She looked at her aunt who looked at her niece with unease. 

"Excuse me gentleman." Said Leia. The officers walked back to their positions as Leia starred at her niece. Something felt wrong in her eyes...as if she'd seen something. "What is it? I was in the middle..."

"I know, but it's about the mission you sent Poe on...I saw a vision....I saw ben...I heard Poe screaming. I think he's going to meet up with the first order, and...that Ben is going to be there too." Amilyn explained her concerns to her aunt.

"What did you see?" 

"I saw Jakku...I saw Kylo Ren...well Ben...slashing his lightsaber out. I saw Poe screaming in pain as Ben reached into his mind. Somethings wrong.." said Amilyn. The darkness it felt stronger. It felt bad, she knew she had to go out there and find Poe before it was too late.

"I believe you...but what else was there." Leia asked. Leia always found the questions that Amilyn could never ask herself. Leia had once been trained by her father, but stopped for a reason her father never told her.

"That was all... I'm worried though.....I can't lose Poe." Said Amilyn. If she lost Poe.....what would she do? Her longest friend after the terrible night at the temple. His pilot brain, his head in the sky, and his courage always kept her going. She needed him...she needed her friend.

"I give you permission to get Poe safely home." Leia said putting her hands on Amilyn's shoulders. "Take this with you." Leia said putting a small chained necklace around her neck. Amilyn studied the little wood carved pendant with the Phoenix symbol.

"I promise I'll be safe Aunt." Said Amilyn hugging her aunt. She couldn't lose Poe now, at least not when she knew The First Order was up to something. She had to protect her friend and plus find his smartass droid.

"May the force be with you." Said Leia to her niece.

"You too." Said Amilyn before walking to docking bay. She hoped her vision was right and wouldn't embarrass herself in front of her aunt. That's just dreadful when that happened to a cadet one time.

*later*

Amilyn entered the cockpit of her x-wing as she lifted the triangle glass above her. She sat down in the old leather chair and pulled the belt straps around her. She flicked a few switches sending the ship into a roaring rage at the engine. The old bucket of bolts was still the same one like very other x-wing. She pulled the lever back as the ship lifted off.

Who needed a helmet? They just blocked the beautiful view, but still she put on the old white helmet. It smelled of sand and sweat from other pilots which was disgusting they never cleaned them ever so often. She flew out of docking bay as she escaped its atmosphere and rebel base.

The sky that was a light blue darkened every inch she got closer into space. Stars. Stars were just burning balls of gas everyone knew that. But Amilyn didn't care what other people said. They were beautiful in a way as Jedi saw them as guides to their destination. 

Jedi the warriors who protected people in need. Years ago, when her grandfather Anakin Skywalker was a Jedi there was a Jedi order. It had some of the wiser people even the ones her father met like Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda. The rest had all most likely died away when Order 66 happened, because very few Jedi came out of it.

She flicked the switch to her left that turned red. Space around her swirled and shot her through the stars in their empty void. Hyperspace was always a beauty to see. I hope I'm not too late thought Amilyn.