Chapter 14: Let the sky fall

(Quick note: listen to Everbify want to tule the world by Lorde during this chapter.)

Han watched as everybody ran outside to see what the commotion was outside for. He stared up at the sky seeing the bright red light streak across the sky. Damn the First Order! They had just killed another thousand people by another Death Star. But he stood watched in horror as the planets crumbled. 

There had been two death stars in his past. He had been apart of both operations with Luke and Leia during the empire to take it down. One of them lead to him helping tiny furry creatures defeat the empire with their sticks and rocks. That's when he had earned the term of hero. 

Chewie had come later to see a better clearing of the view and he roared to Han a sad comment. Just them guess who thought Han. Finn came running back to them. Just like he never wanted to leave in the first place.

"That was the Republic."

"Tell me something I don't know."

"Where's Rey and Amilyn?"

"Damn it! Maz!" Han yelled running back inside. Chewie roared at him as Finn ran behind Chewie.

(Rey's POV)

Rey ran through the forest without looking back at the fortress. Branches got in her way as she stopped to look at the sky. Planets. The planets above them were being destroyed. Red light struck them and rove to the core destroying the planets as they crumpled. People were dying because of the First Order

To her horror she saw Tie-Fighters coming towards Maz's place. Amilyn. Possibly Finn is still here. They needed to stop this threat with or without Hans help. But, how could she get back in time. She was practically lost in this woods she'd never been in until now. Curse her fast running.

Beep!

She turned to see BB-8 had followed her closely. "BB-8 what are you doing here?!? Get back to Amilyn. They need you more than me." The droid beeped back his response.

"Yes I saw the Tie-Fighters. We're not safe. We should've left sooner." She stared at the sky. As more came. She went deeper into the forest for cover. "BB-8 go back to Amilyn. Tell her I'm out in the woods. Now!"

BB-8 obeyed and rolled away from her to the fortress. Be safe she thought grabbing for her gun Han had given her. She lifted it up and had her fingers on the trigger ready to shot at anybody. Hopefully not her friends.

(Amilyn's POV)

"MAZ!!" Han called as he ran down the stairwelllooking for Amilyn and Rey. Finn and Chewie ran behind Han racing him down the stairs. Amilyn looked up to see Han, Chewie, and Finn.

"Han." She said hugging her uncle, "Did you see it? They've built another one."

"Yeah. Everybody has seen what has happened." He said to Amilyn retrying a quick hug to his niece. She looked up at Chewie with his blaster at the ready. Finn then caught her eyes as she looked at him. What was this coward doing? Shouldn't he have left by now?

"What are you doing here, Finn? I thought you were leaving." She asked Finn.

"There seems to be a change of plans. Where's Rey?"

"She ran out into the forest. But she'll be safe there. Nobody thinks of the forest or goes that deep which she probably has.

"You four come with me." Maz said gesturing them to follow her. They followed her quickly as she opened the box with the lightsaber hilt. "You will need this." Maz told them grabbing the hilt and surprising Han by the lightsaber. It was Luke Skywalker's first ever lightsaber.

"Where'd you get that?" Han demanded of Maz.

"Long story. A....good one, but for later. Suorising them all by not giving it to Han, Chewie or Amilyn, but to Finn instead. Amilyn looked to Maz confused by what she was doing. "Your friend is in grave danger. Take it.....and find Rey."

Finn hesitated before taking the lightsaber hilt. He stared at the lightsaber examine the device. Was he even worthy of such a treasure or artifact like that? Especially, after leaving them behind to only return like a coward. Bam! Something had slammed into the fortress, and causing dust and rock to fall from the ceiling. The First Order was here.

"Those Beasts." Maz said before shouting a curse, "They're here."

(Rey's POV)

The First Orders fleet had begun to fire on the fortress where the other were. Tie-Fighters swooping down at all angles. She jumped at the slightest of sounds because you could never be to sure of what was there. The gun was still raised close to her face and she whipped it around when she heard a twig snap.

She saw a stormtrooper just standing there in the forest. They thought BB-8 might've run into there. There was no easy escape....no shortcuts....she had to pull the trigger. Her finger slipped a bit on it making an audible clicking sound. The trooper turned around, but she pulled it quickly hitting the trooper in the head. 

A tree had caught on fire near her and she ran deeper into the forest. There was no way she was dying today with her friends.....friends.......she had just realized it was time to decide if she'd stay or go back to Jakku. She would stay for them......if her parents did come back.....then they should've years ago because she was done waiting on them.

She breathed heavily halting to a stop as she reached a good few miles from the first position she was. She saw a dark shuttle come into her view. And a man draped in a black wearing a black mask emerged. This was Kylo Ren. It felt like she had seen him before....in a dream....no a nightmare..... 

"Amilyn." She whispered to herself trying to use the force or whatever it was called to get to Amilyn. If Maz was right then, she could be found by them instead of getting lost. And not being captured by the First Order themselves. Please, let them come.....I need them.......my parents are long gone.....Amilyn....Chewie.....Han...and maybe Finn I need them....their all that I have that is close to being family.

"I need them." She whispered to herself. 

(Kylo Ren's POV)

People ran everywhere mindlessly go be shot by his men. Idiots. Morons these people were for thinking they could escape the First Order. Stupid Smugglers, thieves, and criminals all hiding away thinking that they could get away like his father.

The fire and the debris were coming from the fortress they were firing on. Amilyn was here. They would finish this once and for all. Before the prophecy comes true, so that the First Order would reign forever. She had to be as good this time otherwise he wouldn't know what to do with her always finding a way to stop them. Just like any Jedi would.

"Sir!" A trooper called to him, "We're still searching for Solo and Skywalkers daughter, but the droid was found heading west earlier, with the scavenger girl."

At this Ren said nothing to them, but turned sharply to look at the alien woods. This scavenger girl was out there protecting the droid who carried the map to Luke Skywalker. He walked in the indicated direction most likely to lead to the girl.