Chapter 62 - Many (1)

Start from the beginning

But now, Woojin had become an expert in sign language.

Smiling inwardly, Kang Woojin looked down at the script in his hands.

‘Sign language, acquired.’

Then, Writer Lee Wol-seon said, as she just handed over the script. It had only been a few seconds since she had handed him the script in reality.

“The shooting schedule might be just a day or two, but that doesn’t mean the role of ‘Mysterious Man Next Door’ is a minor one. It’s a fairly significant role in episodes 1 and 2. More importantly, there are things related to the character setting that you’ll need to learn.”

At her explanation, Choi Sung-gun tilted his head and looked towards Woojin, who already knew what that ‘something’ was. Woojin said,

“Uh-huh.”

Pretending to be engrossed in the script for a few moments, Kang Woojin then directed his indifferent gaze back at Writer Lee Wol-seon.

“You’re talking about sign language, right?”

Choi Sung-gun, slightly surprised, asked,

“Si-sign language?”

Lee Wol-seon smiled calmly.

“That’s right. Apart from the inner thoughts, the role of ‘Mysterious Man Next Door’ mostly communicates through sign language. While there aren’t many lines, learning sign language won’t be easy.”

Choi Sung-gun slightly furrowed his brows.

‘The devil is in the details. Indeed, now it can’t be ignored, can it? I tried to skip it by taking a minor role, sigh. Even if the lines are few, studying a language like sign language takes a lot of time. It’s challenging; the cost-effectiveness is not good.’

They tried to kill two birds with one stone, but given the situation, one had to be abandoned. That is, the writer Lee Wol-seon. It’s too much to invest the time needed to learn sign language.

“We need to slightly adjust this role here.”

Choi Sung-gun, mumbling to himself, flashed a business smile at the writer Lee Wol-seon across from him.

“Writer. At a glance, it seems like a role that will stand out, but it feels a bit heavy, doesn’t it?”

“Do you think it’ll be difficult?”

“No.”

At that moment, a low voice interrupted their conversation. It was Kang Woojin, who had been reading the script.

“Fortunately, I can handle this.”

Both Choi Sung-gun and Writer Lee Wol-seon simultaneously turned their gaze to Woojin. Of course, the production staff did too. Everyone’s eyes widened slightly. Regardless, Kang Woojin calmly continued, with a bit of bravado.

“I don’t need to specifically learn sign language.”

Choi Sung-gun quickly responded.

“What do you mean you don’t need to learn? Woojin, what are you talking about?”

Following that, Writer Lee Wol-seon slightly tilted her head in confusion and asked.

“You don’t need to learn… what do you mean? Are you saying you know sign language?”

“Yes, a little.”

Writer Lee Wol-seon raised an eyebrow.

“Really? You know sign language?”