Chapter 61 - Torrent (6)

Start from the beginning

Of course, it was in his mind.

‘The reason? Super simple. The short series drama script starts with a kissing scene!’

He made the decision based on the content, not the grade of the work.

‘I like this short series drama, ‘Male Friend,’ and I like the writer. Starting the first scene with a kiss – cool, isn’t it?’

The first scene of the short series drama script ‘Male Friend’ starts with the female lead’s narration. It first shows the current situation, then comments such as ‘how did it end up like this?’ followed by a flashback. The first scene for the female lead was a kissing scene.

So, who would her partner be?

‘It’s obviously me.’

On the other hand, in Lee Wol-seon’s ‘Freezing Love’, the start was stifling. Why? Because the male lead had a severe obsession with cleanliness. He was deeply afraid of other people’s touch. From the first line of the script, it was evident.

‘Well, I may not be the male lead, but if the male lead has an obsession with cleanliness, the romantic parts would probably come in the latter half, and the overall atmosphere of the play might be a bit heavy?’

It was an excuse. Kang Woojin was purely captivated by the kissing scene. Other actors might see him as a lunatic. But Woojin, perceived by others as a peculiar and monstrous actor, at his core, is still a robust young man in his twenties. He still had the scent of an ordinary man rather than an actor.

How can a man resist a kissing scene?

Of course, the kissing scene is acting. It’s acting, but if you’re going to film a romcom or a melodrama, it’s nice to have some sweetness, right?

‘How many hells have I been through so far?’

Indeed, it was so. Kang Woojin’s reading (experience) since starting as an actor were mostly grotesque and brutal. Getting disemboweled, witnessing murders and deaths, shootouts, running away, and more. He even got his neck cut off once. How disgusting is that? While most people wouldn’t witness such events in their lifetime, Woojin endured them continually. It would be the same in the future.

There’s always a limit to being calm.

‘After getting my neck cut off, can’t I want something warm and sweet?’

Woojin was of the mindset that it was okay to curse him as a fool now. Of course, he still planned to act diligently and work hard. At that moment, Choi Sung-gun asked Woojin again, who had been silent for a moment.

“Is it difficult to tell me the reason……?”

Kang Woojin hesitated for a moment. He couldn’t just blurt out ‘kissing scene’, could he? If he did, his carefully crafted persona would be shattered. Thus, he needed to express it more vaguely. Well, other than the kissing scene, everything else should be fine.

“This script, it’s very refreshing.”

“Refreshing?”

“Yes. I felt it from the very first line.”

Is that all? Choi Sung-gun couldn’t believe Woojin’s words.

‘Has that crazy intuition of his kicked in again?’

He jumped to a conclusion. Then he spoke again.

“…Do you think the script by Lee Wol-seon is not good? Do you feel like it’s going to flop?”

“No, it’s not that bad.”

“So your instinct has kicked in again, right? It’s okay. I’ve decided to trust your unique intuition.”

The Mistaken Genius Actor 🧑🏻‍🎤On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara