Chapter 59 - Torrent (4)

Start from the beginning

Basically, it means that they will cut all small-sized variety shows or interviews. They intend to milk all the hype they can get from drama, and let the media and public opinion handle the rest. It was a good decision.

It’s only been a day since the nuclear bomb exploded.

Therefore, since this morning, Kang Woojin had been reaching out to his family and close friends. The reaction of Kang Woojin’s parents was enthusiastic. Praises on top of praises. On the other hand, his younger sister, Kang Hyun-ah, was still in denial.

‘Brother!! When were you cast in the drama??! How many episodes will you be in?? Have all the shootings been done??! And more importantly, how? Why? Why are you so good at acting??’

His close friends were somewhat better. Even now, they were buzzing in the group chat. In addition, Woojin ignored all the messages from other vague contacts.

“Well, that’s how it is. This is addictive, really addictive.”

Kang Woojin was very tired at the moment. He had only slept for about 3 hours because he stayed up all night reading the reactions, comments, etc. Receiving attention from a large number of people was very interesting.

Especially,

@wooji_n

Posts 7

Followers 47k

Following 0

His SNS already had nearly 50,000 fans flocking to it. It was a fascinating and rare experience.

Kang Woojin felt both elated and worried.

But for now, it was good.

“I don’t know, just enjoy for now.”

He closed his laptop and turned his gaze to the right. There were stacks of scripts and scenarios. They were delivered from his agency. Even at a glance, there were more than a dozen. Since he finally had some time, he had to check them all.

He had to choose what to do.

However, it was a rather simple process for Kang Woojin. Other actors had to sit and read these scripts for days, but Woojin just had to.

-Poke!

All he had to do was tap the black square attached next to the script or scenario with his finger. Enter and exit the void space repeatedly. He could read the work after checking the grade. That’s how it was for Kang Woojin.

“Ugh, E grade? Pass.”

He quickly checked the stacked works.

“D grade? Hmm, I’ll pass this for now too.”

It was a scene that other actors would envy and stamp their feet if they saw it. Who cares? Kang Woojin casually moved between the void space and reality. There was a criterion.

“Cut anything below C grade.”

As a result, almost all the works were filtered out. Whether it was a movie or a drama, thriller, action, rom-com, or melodrama, hardly anything survived. Woojin realized again.

“A grade or S grade are really, really rare.”

That ‘Exorcism’ and ‘Profiler Hanryang’ were phenomenal works. After such a process, there was only one work left.

-[4/Scenario (Title: Drug Dealer), B+ grade]

“B+ huh, was it a cameo? Is that the part I’m supposed to play?”

The work was a movie titled ‘Drug Dealer’. According to Choi Sung-gun’s explanation, the director had seen Woojin at the ‘Mise-en-scene Film Festival’. His role was a cameo, similar to a special appearance, but usually, cameos are impactful in the movie.