Chapter 49 - Projection (7)

Start from the beginning

To be precise, inside the event hall of the building.

It was a medium-sized hall used for various events. It had seating for about 500 people and a fairly large stage at the front. The interior of the hall and the entrance were bustling.

“Oh my- Writer Park! Long time no see, hahaha.”

“Oh, Director Kim. How have you been?”

“Good. Haha, looking forward to your new drama!”

Including the Writer Park Eun-mi, who was invited to the closing and award ceremony, more than half of the seats inside the hall were already filled. Although there were assigned seats, everyone was busy moving around and greeting necessary acquaintances.

“Ah, Soo-jung! Did you enjoy the movie this time? You should work with us on your next project!”

“Your film company has been quiet lately, hasn’t it?”

“Oh- I didn’t have anything for the first half of the year, I thought I’d put some effort into the second half?”

About 50 people were inside, and the entrance was also quite busy. At least 30 people were mingling, making it chaotic. Greeting figures, reporters with cameras, and guests entering.

Reporters were busy flashing their cameras from their designated spots.

-Flash, flash, flash, flash, flash!

-Flash, flash, flash, flash, flash, flash, flash!

And at the photo zone with the ‘Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival’ and sponsor logos, actors and famous directors posed. Anyway, as of now, at least 100 people have gathered for the closing and award ceremony.

In such a place.

-Swoosh.

The ‘Exorcism’ team just arrived. It was director Shin Dong-chun, Hong Hye-yeon, and Kang Woojin dressed in a suit. Woojin’s suit fit perfectly as it was custom-made. His lightly styled hair and makeup were also perfect. Clearly, the stylist Han Ye-jung did a great job.

Today, he was truly radiating the aura of an actor, with his stern expression adding to the effect.

However.

‘······Crazy. What is this? There are a lot of people. Ah- my legs are shaking.’

Contrary to his composed appearance, Kang Woojin’s legs were slightly trembling. It was a sight he had never seen before. Famous actors, whom he only saw on TV, were everywhere, and blinding flashes were going off everywhere. Is this really the world I live in? It wouldn’t have been strange if it were another world.

‘I feel nauseous.’

Then.

“Woojin.”

Hong Hye-yeon standing next to him called out to Kang Woojin. By the way, she was also in a suit, but the pants she wore were wide, giving off a strong stylish vibe.

“Have you been to a film festival before?”

“···No.”

“But you don’t seem to react at all. Well, even though it’s a modest short film festival, it’s still the ‘Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival’.”

Modest? Here? To Kang Woojin, even a major film festival, which he might attend someday, seemed very distant. In the midst of this, Director Shin Dong-chun stroked his chest.

“Ah- I’ve often attended SBS Drama Awards, but coming here as a director makes me nervous.”

Hong Hye-yeon quickly responded.