Chapter 45 - Projection (3)

Start from the beginning

There is no way that was true.

At that moment, Han Ye-jung, looking serious, opened her diary. Her eyes were filled with strong fighting spirit.

“I’ll handle the makeup properly. The ‘Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival’ is a kind of major player in the short film industry, so many reporters, directors, and actors would come. We can’t lose.”

By this point, Woojin had to lower his gaze to the ‘Island of the Missing’ scenario to calm his pounding heart, and Choi Sung-gun, who was watching Kang Woojin in the rearview mirror, let out an inward exclamation.

‘A film festival debut just two months after his appearance? It’s both crazy and unheard-of. I’ve never seen this kind of route before. And even the best-known directors in the country are unbelievably attracted to him.’

No matter how breathtaking the acting was, the directors’ attraction is another story. Choi Sung-gun, with over a decade of experience in the entertainment industry, knew this best.

‘And even with the English skills that wouldn’t be out of place if he went to Hollywood right now. Although I don’t know about his Japanese yet.’

Choi Sung-gun, who didn’t regret the radical contract terms at all, was estimating Woojin’s explosive future as he turned and asked,

“So, Woojin, how’s the script of ‘Island of the Missing’?”

“It’s… interesting.”

“Oh? Interesting?”

“Yes, why do you ask?”

“No, it’s just that your saying it’s interesting seems a bit awkward.”

Awkward as it may be. Woojin’s answer wasn’t a lie or his persona. ‘Island of the Missing’ was genuinely interesting.

‘No, how does a man put up with such a monstrous genius?’

So, Woojin, although cold, sincerely uttered once more.

“I haven’t finished reading it yet, but it’s interesting.”

“Okay, let me know after you’ve read it all. Whether or not you’re going to do it or not, and which character you particularly liked. Director Kwon Ki-taek said there’s no rush, so take your time and think about it.”

“Yes, CEO.”

“Director Kwon Ki-taek probably also has a ‘Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival’ schedule too, so we can set up a meeting after the festival.”

Then, all of a sudden, Kang Woojin changed the subject with his calm voice.

“Also, can I get more scripts or scenarios?”

“Suddenly? The past ones? Or the ones that haven’t started yet?”

“I’d prefer ones that are in planning.”

There wasn’t a particularly significant reason. Rather than being greedy for projects, it was more about wanting to read various scripts and scenarios. He needed to acquire experience and knowledge quickly.

‘It would be nice if something high-grade comes along.’

Meanwhile, Choi Sung-gun, who had been stroking his chin, asked,

“Hmm- getting works that are circulating in the market won’t be hard. But there’s no hurry, is there?”

“I just need to read them in advance.”

“Really? Then what genre do you prefer? Thrillers, action, rom-coms, etc.”

“I don’t really mind.”