Chapter 44 - Projection (2)

Start from the beginning

“It’s quite an experience, I mean, it doesn’t matter if I don’t do this movie.”

Kang Woojin, who was prepared for any script or scenario he might receive in the future, suddenly thought.

“But dropping a nuclear bomb or a disaster, that’s a bit overboard, right?”

Woojin, indulging in his imagination, scratched his head slightly, and decided to exit from the virtual space for now.

“Exit.”

He muttered into the void. His endlessly dark vision instantly changed to the meeting room. The amiable Director Kwon Ki-taek was still standing right in front of him. Then, the director said,

“Woojin?”

He tilted his head, looking at Kang Woojin.

“What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

Upon being asked, Woojin quickly regained his poker face.

“Yes, I’m fine.”

“That’s good, I was worried. You paused for a moment after getting the scenario. I thought you already didn’t like it.”

Ah, that’s somewhat true. The pause was due to the time lag when entering the void space, but in reality, Kang Woojin didn’t like this scenario.

However,

‘I have to go along with it for now.’

It was difficult to speak as bluntly as he had with Director Woo Hyun-goo. The renowned director, Kwon Ki-taek, was right in front of him, and since the director came to him personally, he had to be polite.

Everyone was seated at a ‘ㄷ’ shaped desk.

Director Kwon Ki-taek and the film company staff sat side by side, with Kang Woojin and Choi Sung-gun across from them. As soon as Woojin sat down, he flipped through the first page of the ‘Island of the Missing’ script. This wasn’t an act, he was genuinely curious.

He thought he might find the reason for the low completion rate as he read it.

At that moment, Director Kwon Ki-taek on the opposite side smiled kindly.

“Just skim through and get a feel for the work. Whether you like its vibe or not.”

CEO Choi Sung-gun, who had been observing the mood of the meeting room, joined in.

“Director, if Woojin likes the vibe, can I start thinking about what comes next?”

Director Kwon Ki-taek answered in a manner that made it sound obvious.

“Of course. I believe that as long as an actor can act well, that’s all that matters. Issues like those with Director Woo Hyun-goo don’t concern me at all. I wouldn’t have gone to the site so many times if I hadn’t thought about the next step with Woojin.”

CEO Choi Sung-gun inwardly shouted in joy but maintained his composure, while Director Kwon Ki-taek’s gaze landed on the cynical Kang Woojin.

“Well, the actor should like the vibe of the script for us to discuss the next steps.”

For a moment.

-Swoosh.

Everyone’s eyes, from Director Kwon Ki-taek to CEO Choi Sung-gun and the film company’s staff, were all on Kang Woojin. Woojin was silently looking down at the script. One page, two pages. He had already flipped over a dozen pages of the script.

His stern expression looked serious to everyone.

At this, Director Kwon Ki-taek across from him laughed with interest.