Chapter 30 - Master (2)

Start from the beginning

“It’s great that you joined ‘Profiler Hanryang’ because you were captivated by the director and the writer. But the future in the entertainment industry is always uncertain. If ‘Profiler Hanryang’ fails, your obscurity will continue. ‘Exorcism’ is a short film, so the public will hardly watch it.”

That wasn’t wrong. Only Kang Woojin knew the future hint of the work.

“If that happens, I and the other agencies that approached Woojin will have given a signing bonus of forty million to a ordinary person. Because of such uncertainty, regardless of Woojin’s exceptional acting skills, other agencies won’t offer more than forty or fifty million. Some agencies would even need approval from higher-ups.”

Ah, rejection is very frustrating. When Kang Woojin was inwardly agreeing, CEO Choi Sung-gun suddenly spread out the clear file he had brought. It was a contract.

“But actually, the signing bonus is not that important in this situation. It’s just a courtesy or an expression of appreciation for Woojin’s acting. The key here is, as you know.”

Soon, CEO Choi Sung-gun pointed to one part of the contract with his index finger.

“The distribution ratio and the contract period.”

I see. Kang Woojin had another realization. And it seemed like he needed a bit of bragging. Well, just use some of the things Director Shin Dong-chun said. Woojin lowered his voice.

“You don’t need to invest money, time, and education in me.”

CEO Choi Sung-gun, who had been smiling, nodded his head.

“That’s correct. That’s a big advantage for any agency. You probably wouldn’t be satisfied with any conditions from any agency right now. But as you grow, you’ll need an agency.”

“Yes.”

“So I thought about it. What would Woojin find sweet in addition to the signing bonus. Maybe a taste? That’s what I thought. Understanding the market trend?”

Choi Sung-gun, who answered arbitrarily, pushed the contract towards Woojin.

“The standard payout ratio for a unknown actor who has gone through being a trainee is about 5:5 to 6:4. But Woojin, you are a finished product. In other words, the agency does not need to spend a dime.”

He emphasized his point.

“The payout ratio is 9:1, of course we are the 1. And a contract term of 1 year.”

What’s this? These radical terms? At that moment, Choi Sung-gun said meaningfully.

“In a nutshell, it’s just a taste of what our bw Entertainment is like. Decide whether to extend it or not after a year. What do you think?”

In response to his question, Kang Woojin lowered his gaze to the contract and answered softly.

“Please explain the contract.”

Meanwhile, on a drama set.

The set, divided into several sections, was in the final stages of construction. Here, PD Song Man-woo appeared, actively checking various aspects of the set.

“The sound here, can’t you hear it? It’s creaking, right?”

Then.

– ♬♪

His cell phone rang. PD Song man-woo, after checking the caller, nonchalantly picked up the call.

“Ah- Chief Choi. Did you see the actor you came to see on the reading day?”