Chapter 28 - Shooting (3)

Start from the beginning

Soon, Hong Hye-yeon.

-Swooosh.

She took out her phone and called the head of her agency. That is, CEO Choi Sung-geun.

“Bro! How much is Kang Woojin’s signing fee?? What? Isn’t it a bit low??”

Meanwhile, inside the café where the shooting cleanup was in full swing.

Kang Woojin is sitting by the café window, which was generally shabby. Waiting to get in the car with the team. His current outfit was very much Kim Ryu-jin, but his face was expressionless.

However, inside he felt quite good.

‘I did it.’

Specifically, there was a scene where Hong Hye-yeon hugged Kang Woojin from behind. It was not a cut filled with affection. Rather, it was a scene that gave him goosebumps. But a back hug is a back hug. The warmth of Hong Hye-yeon was clear on Woojin’s back. It was something that would make Woojin, an ordinary citizen, smile.

‘No way, I got a back hug from Hong Hye-yeon? Now, I have another thing to boast about to Kim Dae-young.’

That’s when it happened.

“Woojin.”

A male voice woke Kang Woojin, lost in his fantasies. Turning around, he saw Director Shin Dong-chun, smiling.

“What are you thinking about so seriously?”

A back hug, Woojin couldn’t say, so he dodged the question with other words. Since they were filming, the acting must be good. Kang Woojin muttered sternly.

“I was thinking about the next scene.”

There was no lie as blatant as this. Director Shin Dong-chun, who had no way of knowing this, tucked his shooting script into his back pocket.

“Don’t overdo it. You are already doing more than enough. If you collapse, we’ll have to stop everything, you know?”

“I’ll be careful.”

Director Shin Dong-chun, with a smile mixed with satisfaction, sat next to Woojin and changed the subject.

“Woojin, you haven’t signed a contract with an agency yet, right?”

“Yes, not yet.”

“You must have received quite a few business cards at the ‘Profiler Hanryang’ reading session, right?”

What’s up? Should I prepare myself? As Kang Woojin stared silently, Director Shin Dong-chun shrugged his shoulders.

“Well, I used to be a drama PD. I was decent, you know? Because a lot of entertainment industry representatives attend the script reading, I thought if they saw you, they would definitely give you their business card.”

“I see.”

“Are you worried? Um- I don’t know about other advice, but newcomers or unknowns usually don’t get a signing bonus when joining a company. Rather, they pay to get in.”

“…”

“It costs money to nurture a newcomer. They are the ones investing the money. Newcomers or unknowns usually sign a contract for 5 or 7 years, and it takes at least 3 to 4 years to start making a profit.”

At this point, Director Shin Dong-chun changed his expression.

“But you, Woojin, should get a signing bonus. You’re special, aren’t you? You’re already making money from acting, and the scale is unbelievably large. No, I’m not talking about my work, I’m talking about ‘Profiler Hanryang’.”