Chapter 25 - Change (2)

Start from the beginning

“You’re offering a contract?”

“Yes. Of course, our company is still small. Some might see it as a one-person agency for Hong Hye-yeon. But a startup has the energy of a startup.”

CEO Choi Sung-gun began his briefing passionately.

“Large and small have clear advantages and disadvantages, and it’s time for Woojin to have concentrated care rather than dispersed. There’s a need to firmly correct things, not just moderately. The entertainment world is a jungle; losing an actor with one wrong move is no big deal.”

That’s brutally harsh. Woojin, who had been listening to the briefing, felt the unfamiliar entertainment world was even stranger. Anyway, he chose his words. What would stand out as a grand line at this moment? Whatever it was, his self-esteem had to be high.

“I like the jungle.”

For a moment, CEO Choi Sung-gun was slightly taken aback. He was trying to let Woojin know it’s like walking on thin ice, but he liked it? And what about that expression? Kang Woojin’s eyes were now unwaveringly firm. CEO Choi Sung-gun judged Woojin to be an anomaly.

‘Exactly… what kind of past does one have to walk through to have this kind of potential?’

A stubbornness that ordinary unknowns and newcomers could never have. Kang Woojin was unknown only in reality, his mind was already at the top. At least in CEO Choi Sung-gun’s sharp eyes.

‘I want him. I want him now.’

Thanks to that, CEO Choi Sung-gun put even more strength into his voice.

“I will make it possible for you to spread your wings in the jungle. If you, Woojin, join us, I will personally take care of you. I promise, no, I guarantee you of detailed and meticulous care. I may look like this, but I’m good at what I do. I’ve built connections in the jungle, and my reputation isn’t bad.”

Most of it was true. CEO Choi Sung-gun was a producer with a pretty high reputation in the entertainment industry. He then changed the flow of the conversation.

“Woojin, you received many business cards, right?”

“I got quite a few.”

“I understand. Even though you weren’t at the dinner party yesterday, it was a chaos among the entertainment industry insiders. They were talking about how the Blue Chip of Chungmuro¹ is a sure bet and such. I estimate that you would have received about ten.”

The number was similar.

“Did any talk about a signing bonus come up? If it’s difficult, you don’t have to tell me.”

A signing bonus? Was there such a conversation? Kang Woojin recalled the people who had given him business cards yesterday. But there was definitely no talk of a signing bonus. However, most of them had said something like that.

‘They talked something about extraordinary conditions.’

Woojin vaguely answered that.

“I think I heard something about an exceptional offer.”

“…Exceptional.”

Hong Hye-yeon, who had been silently listening, bit her lip slightly and nudged the slightly surprised CEO Choi Sung-gun in the ribs. With this, CEO Choi Sung-gun leaned closer to Woojin.

“I’ll try to match it as best as I can. I hope you will at least hear what our company has to offer. Please.”

Again. Something suddenly accelerates out of control. But Kang Woojin had already boarded the express train. Hesitation would only ruin his image. So Woojin chose an answer that would not easily reveal his thoughts.