Chapter 24 - Change (1)

Start from the beginning

In a way, there was no lie in Kang Woojin’s words. The period was extremely short, but it was correct that he had done it on his own. Kang Woojin continuously consoled himself with this thought. The hall was filled with top actors. It’s better to be hit with a counterattack quickly.

However.

‘Ugh, I’m nervous. I should probably run away now.’

The gaze of the veteran actors and other older actors were too sharp. It was a great burden for Kang Woojin, who was a commoner at heart. He was already tense all over, and it was problematic to continue with this persona in front of them. He was already worn out from maintaining it for more than half a day. Therefore, Woojin chose to run. In other words, to flee.

-Drag.

Woojin, with a poker face, slowly got up from his seat and bowed slightly to the making team in front of him.

“I’m sorry, I’m not good with words.”

Then the making team awkwardly responded and made way for him. At this point, Woojin’s mind was filled only with the thought of going straight ahead. The people left in the hall simply watched him leave.

At that moment.

“Hey, Hong Hye-yeon.”

Ryu Jung-min, with seriousness on his face, stood up from his seat, approached Hong Hye-yeon, and spoke.

“You knew, right? Kang Woojin came with you.”

Hong Hye-yeon, who was preparing to leave, brushed her long hair back and answered.

“Yeah. Sorry. The PD asked me to bring him.”

“Who is Kang Woojin? Is he from your agency?”

“No.”

“Do you know what he used to do? Self-study doesn’t make sense.”

“I don’t know either, it feels like he suddenly popped up to me too. Ask the PD during the dinner party or something.”

Having finished answering appropriately, Hong Hye-yeon picked up her script and joined the nearby CEO Choi Sung-gun. When she was at a decent distance from Ryu Jung-min, Choi Sung-gun whispered to Hong Hye-yeon. His voice tone was filled with excitement.

“Hey, Hong Hye-yeon. Was what that guy said earlier true? The self-study thing.”

“That’s right. Even if you use your connections to look into the theater world, you won’t find anything. Acting is just his hobby. He even appeared on ‘Super Actor’ for fun.”

“What… is this even possible? Acting is not a memorization subject. What about the overseas part?”

“I told you, his past is unclear, right? Who knows what the situation is… Anyway, let’s talk about it in my room.”

At this moment, everyone left in the hall was busily talking about Kang Woojin.

Meanwhile.

Kang Woojin, who had left the large hall a few minutes ago, was walking down the hallway with a consistent expressionless face. There were quite a few staff members passing by, and he couldn’t let his guard down in this battlefield. However, the accumulated tension made every step heavy.

‘Ah- I’m tired. I want to go to my room and lie down quickly.’

Kang Woojin, who had maintained his persona from morning till now, was very tired. His body felt heavy as a ton. Although he wanted to eat meat, he felt like he had to sleep for an hour in his room.