Chapter 3 - Misunderstanding (3)

Start from the beginning

“Ugh! Huhu-”

It was realistic, vivid, and intense. Even without looking at the script, they could tell that Kang Woojin was in a forest and was being chased by a strange man.

Seeing this right in front of his eyes, Song Man-woo PD thought,

‘This is not just a matter of good luck or talent. This is something that has been honed for at least 5 years. Perhaps even 10.’

He overturned the evaluation of Kang Woojin. It was a skill that even top actors who make a living from acting could not easily master.

“Emotions become attitudes, feelings become postures.”

“Worries become expressions, and smells become delusions.”

All of these mix together to create the expression of a character, and this expression that came out with difficulty must be chewed thoroughly in the mouth for a single appropriate line to be spit out.

You must repeat this process endlessly to barely capture a single cut.

Many actors currently in the country stake their lives on this process. Even top stars and veteran actors who are hailed as the best.

And yet he,

“Is he implementing it after briefly looking at the script?”

Kang Woojin is doing it effortlessly. It was not at the level of just being good at acting. Woojin was just a character in the script right now. But the shock did not end there. It was because of Kang Woojin’s calm answer to the question.

“I am self-taught.”

Self-taught? He acquired such insane acting through self-study?

‘Just how lonely a journey has he been on?’

In this way, Kang Woojin stunned everyone, including top actresses, veteran drama PDs, and other staff members present.

-Silence

He calmly left the room. There was no one to stop him. Everyone just had dumbfounded expressions.

After this.

“I’m, I’m sorry!!”

The actual first contestant, Kang Woojin’s friend, entered. It was Kim Dae-young, who typically wore an arrogant expression, but now had a guilty look on his face, and as soon as he saw him, the first question from PD Song Man-woo was this.

“The friend who came with you. What’s their job?”

“…Excuse me? Ah, he works in design. Why are you asking?”

“Continue?”

“Yes, has been doing design only…”

All the answers Kang Woojin gave were proven to be true. And being self-taught too. Song Man-woo had a feeling that Kang Woojin was an unknown, hidden master in the industry.

“Understood, Mr. Kim Dae-young. Let’s start with your acting.”

He turned his gaze to Kim Dae-young.

“Yes!”

However, unfortunately, Kim Dae-young’s acting…

“Cut. That’s enough. Thank you for your effort.”

The curtain fell in just 15 seconds.

10 minutes later, the bus stop in front of the SBC headquarters Arts Center.

There was quite a crowd gathered around, including family and friends who had come for today’s preliminary match. Among them was Kang Woojin, who seemed to have fled from the Arts Center.