46 ~ Uniform

Y/n's attention was quickly drawn from Yeonjun and Hueningkai clamoring over her when Taehyun and Beomgyu walked in

Y/n's attention was quickly drawn from Yeonjun and Hueningkai clamoring over her when Taehyun and Beomgyu walked in. She had noticed Beomgyu running after him the second he saw him, and she had been awaiting their reappearances since.

Taehyun seemed to be avoiding eye contact, and almost hiding behind Beomgyu's figure. His shoulder was behind Beomgyu's and his shadow even cast over his slightly smaller frame.

As Beomgyu approached the bed, Y/n noticed that he was holding her notebook in his hand.

Her hands instantly rushed to her face in embarrassment, her fingers doing a terrible job at hiding the red storm that was spreading across her cheeks. She let out an ashamed groan, shaking her head a little.

Beomgyu noticed this, allowing his own gaze to drop to the black notebook in his hand. He chuckled light-heartedly, finding the situation absolutely adorable.

"Y/n!!"

A familiar screeching sounded from the entrance of the infirmary, instantly gaining the attention from everyone in the room.

Y/n's eyes looked to the source of the sound, instantly seeing the heartbreaking sight of her best friend in complete tears, covering the lower half of her face in ecstatic disbelief.

"Rina... why are you crying?"

She asked softly, truly concerned for her. Rina's only form of acknowledgement was the action of her running over to her bed and tightly engulfing her in a huge hug.

Y/n hugged her back, relief showing itself throught her eyes and rolling down her cheeks quietly. It was just then that she realised that she had previously had the idea that she would never see any of them again.

She could hear Rina sharply taking in breaths on her shoulder, a clear sign that she was just as emotional about their reunion as her; if not more.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n..."

Between Rina's shaky breaths, Y/n manages to make out those four words, instantly striking a questioning feeling in her gut.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, Rina. If there's anyone to blame it's..."

She trailed off, trying to think of a reason why she was blaming herself.

Her brain was telling her that it was all her father's fault and she had little to nothing to do with it. Although, her heart felt guilty as she looked at the people surrounding her bed with worried looks on their faces.

Rina suddenly pulled away and held Y/n's shoulders roughly, reminding her of a past conversation they had had together.

"No. Don't even think of blaming yourself. It's all your father's fault and no one else's."

Despite the tears and puffiness that was relentlessly invading Rina's eyes, her tone was stern and serious, easily indicating how genuine her words actually were.