16 ~ Unsupervised

"

"...and take one of these every morning for two weeks."

Yeonjun handed Y/n a bottle of pills that made a satisfying sound from inside when she shook it. She looked down at her newly dressed wound and gently grazed over the bandage with her fingertips. It somehow felt comforting to know that it was properly protected now.

"Thanks, oppa."

Yeonjun smiled at Y/n, satisfied.

There's that smile.

"Just take it easy for a while."

She nodded and looked down at the bottle again, scanning the label without really reading or even analysing what she was seeing. It had a blue rectangle that took up half of the sticker that listed the precautions and directions as to how to take the antibiotics.

Nevertheless, Y/n felt no need to read any of it, as she was somehow trusting enough of Yeonjun's instructions not to even take a chance of contradicting him.

Getting up to stand, Y/n was struck by the sudden feeling in her waist.

Nothing.

It had been so long since her midsection wasn't burning in pain that she had forgotten what it felt like to be without it.

And she loved it.

Just the feeling was enough to make her want to jump up and down in sheer happiness. But since she was too cautious of messing with the treatment, she settled for a small smile instead.

Yeonjun, noticing this, mirrored her smile with a glad grin of his own.

"If you need anything else, don't hesitate to tell me or my members or even Rina if you're uncomfortable asking a guy."

There's that girl's name again.

"Who's Rina?"

Y/n was surprised at herself, having spontaneously asked a question while barely having thought it through her head beforehand. It showed on her face, but only for a moment, before curiousity taking over, as she was just as interested in hearing the answer as 'Sponaneous Y/n' was.

Yeonjun stared back at her, not expecting that question to leave Y/n's lips. The look in his eyes closely resembled the one you might give to someone who sings a song lyric wrong; he had assumed she had known better.

"I thought you'd have met her by now."

He added a chuckle, hoping that his words unlocked a crucial memory that had simply slipped her mind. However, she still seemed unknowing.

"She works for us. Not as a part of the mafia... she helps around the house and with cooking."

"Like a maid?"

Yeonjun shook his head.

"We find that too low of a title for her. We consider her a part of our family."