32 ~ Dress

For the day of the biggest even of the year, most of that day was spent in close to complete silence in the TXT mansion

For the day of the biggest even of the year, most of that day was spent in close to complete silence in the TXT mansion. The fear was only supposed to affect Y/n, but it had managed to spread throughout the household faster than the plague; it got Rina in a bad mood and she was the mood-maker.

Getting ready for the Feast felt so grim, Y/n had to remind herself that it was a party and not a funeral.

She slipped into the dress easily, having lost a few inches from her proportions from the stress. Looking at herself in the mirror, she looked just as flawless as she did the first time she wore it - if not more - but mediocrity is what reflected back at her.

She couldn't force herself to tell herself that she looked good; she couldn't bring herself to care that much. In fact, the only reason she put in any effort at all was because she knew that she would be going with Beomgyu.

When Rina entered to help Y/n with her hair and makeup, she smiled sadly at her, genuinely complimenting how she looked in the dress. She sent her a tired smile in return.

The one thing she wanted to do before she left forever was nagging at the back of her mind, only winding up so it would be stronger the next time it popped into her head.

=

"Okay, I told them you're coming down now, so do a graceful walk."

"What? Why?"

Now at the top of the steps, Y/n realised how much she didn't want to be seen in her dress, afraid of how the other members would react; more specifically, Beomgyu. She felt her feet stop before the first step, as if it were malfunctioning with the different options on how to walk; mostly because she wanted to walk normally completely out of spite.

Who am I kidding? Anything would look graceful in this

All signs of fear of the party gone, Rina started to slowly guide Y/n down the stairs by her hand with a smile on her face. Truth be told, Y/n's willpower was simply too weak to compare to Rina's.

As she descended from the stairs, two jaws in the living room dropped.

Y/n was wearing a lilac ruffled dress that puffed in all parts of it, layers in the maxi-length skirt, and off-the-shoulder long sleeves. Small silver dots decorated all edges of the ruffles, giving the dress a sparkly touch. Her hair had been curled slightly, now coming down in waves instead of streams, with the top portion of it tied with a bow behind her head. She wore one of Rina's pendant necklaces, the design a rather basic circular clear crystal, but pulling the outfit together perfectly.

Rina had applied her makeup too, almost completely natural except for the eyeshadow, where she added a small bit of purple glitter. It didn't make Y/n's face look artificially beautiful, but more like enhancing her already present beauty.

If Yeonjun, Soobin, and Kai had romantic feelings for her, those are the exact thoughts that would have been going through their heads too.

After a moment of painful silence for Y/n, Yeonjun randomly started cheering and clapping, and Kai soon joined in. Beomgyu and Taehyun were speechless, and Soobin seemed utterly uninterested, still sending a nod of what could only be interpreted as approval.

Once they were at the bottom of the stairs, Rina let go of Y/n's hand and approached Kai with a disappointed look on her face.

"You guys didn't give me a big reaction."

Kai scoffed.

"Because Y/n doesn't look like a dog."

Rina's jaw dropped in offense, slapping him on the shoulder; a little too hard to be completely playful.

All of the guys were fancily dressed in tuxedos, with their hair looking a lot shinier than usual.

Y/n's eyes were nervously stealing glances at Beomgyu from the second he was in her view, checking for his reaction of her dress. His eyes never left her, making Y/n's face grow warmer with every split-second of eye-contact they made. It didn't help that he couldn't have looked any better than he did in a suit at that moment.

Taehyun's eyes darted between the two of them, a thought occurring to him.

He dropped his gaze from Y/n, shoving his hands deep into his pockets.

"Is everyone here?"

Soobin spoke loudly, silencing all the chatter (Kai and Rina bickering).

"Yeah!"

Rina yelled back at him, interrupting the silent roll call he was performing. He gritted his teeth a little before starting again, not taking long to see that all were present and accounted for.

"Okay, let's go!"

He led them out of the mansion and into a limousine that was parked behind the building, seating himself in the driver's seat. As everyone was filing into the backseat, Y/n struggled a little to fit the ruffles inside.

When she finally got inside, she took a look at everyone around her, feeling like she didn't fit in with the dress-code. They were dressed in mature attire, while she had chosen a giant purple cloud to wear.

I'd never fit in with them anyway

She thought to herself sadly, silently looking at her lap.

However, when Rina clambered inside, she climbed over several agitated men so that she could sit next to Y/n, who was sitting next to the window. Yeonjun shifted up for her uncomfortably, probably muttering a few insults under his breath as he did so.

The moment she had enough space, Rina wrapped her arms around Y/n's waist and clung to her like a baby koala to its mother, bringing her legs as close to her as she could. Kai silently reached over and pulled her skirt down a little more.

Her head was against her side, a soft warmth spreading in that area of Y/n's body. She draped her arm over her shoulder, rubbing her hand up and down her arm comfortingly.

Y/n knew that this action was just her way of saying 'I'm going to miss you', and frankly, she was glad that she didn't actually say it, because that would have sent her mascara running down her face like in the post-breakup scene of a cliche highschool movie.

"Everyone inside?"

Y/n's eyes scanned over the scene in front of her; Yeonjun on the other side of Rina, Kai in front of her, Beomgyu next to Kai, and Taehyun by the other window next to Beomgyu. As her gaze glided over him, Y/n saw that Beomgyu's stare was still piercing her figure.

Her mind wandered over to books that she used to read, where the male love interest would stare seductively at the female protagonist while she was wearing a classic revealing red dress - not unlike Rina's. She knew for a fact that the dress she was wearing made her look like candyfloss, so she didn't know why he was staring at her for so long.

"Yeah"

Rina replied to Soobin, sound from underneath Y/n's arm momentarily startling her.

And with that, they were off.

yes, the dress isnt red :0what are your thoughts??

what are your thoughts??

a vote is highly appreciated <33