12 ~ Leader

He held his loved one closer as she snored quietly against his shirt, like a bunny taking a nap

He looked down at her face and smiled to himself, feeling all his love for her grow stronger yet.

They had been dating for years already, and he loved her more than he loved himself. They shared everything with each other and never kept secrets of any kind.

He had told her about his involvement in the mafia, but she didn't leave him because of how scared she was. That was one of the things he admired about her so much. Her fearlessness.

He reached his hand up from beside him and started gently stroking her soft brown hair. She shifted a little in her sleep, nuzzling closer to his chest.

He loved the feeling of her sleeping beside him. He felt like he could protect her from anything that wanted to harm her.

He was just about to drift off when his phone rang from the bedside table. Hyemin immediately stirred, waking up from her slumber. Heeseung mentally cursed himself for not muting it before going to sleep.

He picked up his phone and looked at the screen as Hyemin sat up next to him.

Lee Jeongyoo

"Are you going to answer him this time?"

Hyemin asked him, tilting her head.

"I...  you know what he wants to talk about..."

She sighed and rubbed his arm soothingly.

"I know he's all big and scary, but I have a feeling he'll be a lot bigger and scarier if you keep ignoring him like this."

"I know... but he wants me to find and marry his daughter,"

Heeseung pleaded, almost as if he were a whining child.

"I can't marry someone I don't care about. Much less love."

Hyemin suddenly leaned forwards and held his face in her hands, staring seriously into his scared eyes.

"If it's because of me, don't think about me,"

She whispered in a scolding tone. It caught Heeseung off guard and his argumentative words became latched helplessly in his throat.

"I love you too much to put you in any danger, Sungie."

She finished off by giving him a quick peck on his lips.

Heeseung instantly became a blushing mess at her unexpected actions. He was glad that she couldn't see his flushed cheeks in the dark.

"Now answer the phone, dummy."

Still flustered, Heeseung used his thumb to shakily answer Jeongyoo's phone call for the first time in months. Hyemin grabbed his free hand and clutched it tightly with both hands, holding them lovingly at her lips.