41 ~ Muse

"Please eat

"Please eat."

"I'm not hungry."

"Please, hyung. You need to eat."

Beomgyu ignored Taehyun's words and turned away from the tray his outstretched hands were holding in front of him. He looked at Y/n's sleeping face instead, wondering where her mind was at that moment.

Taehyun's eyes darted between them for a moment and he sighed desperately, really just concerned for Beomgyu's health. Y/n might be the one on life support, but Beomgyu was stressing over her relentlessly, sacrificing his health and sleep.

She had been asleep for two weeks now, and Taehyun had since recovered from the bullet removal surgery, a few stitches now a close friend of his belly button.

Beomgyu hadn't left the hospital room the whole time, only eating when Yeonjun forced him to. Unfortunately, when he wasn't home, there was no one to "younger" shame him into eating, as the leader had been busy dealing with Enhypen for a while now.

Taehyun placed the tray down on the empty bed beside him, where he had lain not longer than a week earlier, and sat down next to it.

Guilt was one thing, but having to deal with the inability to help a friend in need is a whole new level, Taehyun realised. Over the few weeks consisting of himself recovering and being recovered, he had to watch his best friend's health deteriorate because of something that was out of their control.

Beomgyu's already pale complexion had grown cloudy, almost a deathly gray colour, dark crescents lay under his eyes, and his voice sounded husky and dry, as if he was losing his health with the intention of giving it to Y/n.

The monitor beeped with Y/n's heartbeat beside her bed, now tuned into the background for the both of them.

"How do you think Y/n would feel if she knew you were acting like this because of her coma?"

Taehyun asked quietly, continuing to think of things to say that might convince him to eat.

"Like what?"

"You aren't okay, hyung. You're barely eating or sleeping."

Beomgyu should have been used to this type of argument by now, the two of them having practiced for almost the whole of the two weeks since she had been declared comatose, but that didn't help the sharp pang of guilt he felt in his chest whenever he found someone he cared about worrying about him.

He didn't know what to do anymore. He felt that he simply had no reason to do anything, waiting for Y/n to wake up being the only thing he planned to do. He had too many things to say to her to not be the first one she sees when she wakes up.

The two of them weren't sat alone in silence for too much longer, Kai soon joining them after about a minute of argumentative silence. He entered timidly, holding something in his hand, not easily visible underneath his long fingers.