39 ~ Move

"Hands up!"

"Hands up!"

Y/n could recognise that voice in the middle of a concert from across the venue, but she could hardly believe she was hearing it at such a time. She fully believed she was imagining everything, and she would soon wake up back in the basement.

Nevertheless, she turned her head to face the source of the voice, instantly confirming her assumptions.

Beomgyu stood in the doorway, pointing his gun at Jeongyoo. When he saw Y/n looking at him, his cold gaze softened instantly, and his mouth opened a little bit.

"Do something!"

Y/n's father growled at Heeseung, but his expression turned to shock when he saw him stand up and mimick Beomgyu's actions, taking his place beside him.

For the first time ever, Y/n finally saw Heeseung looking somewhat proud of himself, strange however to the current situation that he hadn't even won yet. The corner of his lip was perked up a little bit, clearly struggling not to form a grin across his face.

Jeongyoo let out a scoff, but this one sounded different, and it wasn't just because of how tired Y/n was feeling that she was hearing differently; Beomgyu and Heeseung noticed it too. Instead of its normal cocky undertone, he sounded defeated and betrayed.

"You..."

Was all he could manage to say at that moment. Had it been literally anyone else, Heeseung would have felt at least a little bit of pity forming in his heart, but all he could think about at that moment was how he'd never have to follow his orders again after that day, no matter what happened.

The rest of TXT filed into the room, making a total of six guns aimed at Jeongyoo. He seemed to shrink into his chair, disintegrating whatever self-respect he might have had up to then. His hands slowly floated into the air, his head bowed in defeat.

While all this was happening, Y/n was hanging by the thinnest thread onto consciousness, her eyelids fluttering, with her eyes rolling back in an effort to keep them open. She could hardly understand what was happening around her, only thinking that Beomgyu was there and everything was going to be okay now that Beomgyu was there.

Beomgyu, on the other hand, was fighting the urge to dash over to her and take her as far away as possible from the monster sitting opposite her, his eyes flickering between the two of them, spending at least half a second more on Y/n each time.

"Make one move, and we'll shoot."

Heeseung bellowed, tightening his grip on the trigger. As a way of agreeing with him, the members of TXT took half a step closer.

Jeongyoo nodded quickly, his eyes darting to an area underneath his desk, most probably at a drawer or something of the sort.

"Don't even think about any tricks. You're outnumbered."

Jeongyoo let out a sigh, finally looking at his daughter. A look of amusement appeared on his face.

"What's wrong with her?"

As if it was a word signal, Y/n's neck went limp, her head rolling to the side. Her whole body went from leaning forward in her chair to completely relaxed in her seat, her eyelids shut over her misty eyes.

"Y/n!"

Beomgyu was beside her in a flash, brushing the hair out of her face and cupping her cheeks worriedly.

"She's freezing..."

In the split second that everyone's attention was averted from Jeongyoo, he snatched the gun from the area his eyes had been so keen on.

Someone jumped in front of Beomgyu the second that Jeongyoo shot at him, shielding him successfully.

The bang of a bullet in the air hit Beomgyu's eardrums like a truck, pulling his attention from the girl in front of him instantly. His eyes quickly found the recipient of the bullet, his eyes widening in horror.

"Taehyun..."

He had fallen to the ground behind him, clutching his abdomen with a pained expression on his face. Blood had already begun to darken the black shirt he wore, some seeping out onto the floor.

Beomgyu gritted his teeth and dashed over to Jeongyoo blindly, not caring that he was armed.

He grabbed his gun-wielding wrist roughly and twisted it with all his strength, hearing a *crack* as he did so. The older man let out a raw wail of pain, unable to stop the gun from falling from his fingers to the ground.

Beomgyu released him, picking up his gun in a second. As Jeongyoo held his injured arm up with his other hand, Beomgyu pushed the cold barrel of the gun into his temple threateningly, breathing heavily.

Jeongyoo looked back at him in complete fear, but spoke as if he were confident.

"Go ahead. Kill me."

Beomgyu laughed in his face, seeming too amused for the situation. Jeongyoo's heart rate spiked from the sound, growing more terrified by the second.

His terror quickly turned to pain when two more gunshots rang out in the small room, and his legs were suddenly in agonising pain.

The holder of the gun put it underneath his chin, pressing it almost in a ticklish manner.

"You're going to wish I killed you, you sick bastard."

He hissed poisonously at him, successfully sending waves of terror into his system.

Returning to Taehyun, he saw that Heeseung and Hueningkai had left the room and Taehyun was being held up by Yeonjun and Soobin. The bloodstain was now clearly evident on his clothes, some of it staining his hands and the other two members' clothes, only a lot less.

"We don't have a lot of time, you take Y/n."

Not wasting another second, he picked up the limp girl in bridal style, rushing to follow the other members out of the room.

short ik :T
but early ;)

a vote is highly appreciated <33