21 ~ Stale

Ever since that eye-opening conversation with Rina, Y/n had begun to see all the members' actions differently - especially Beomgyu's

Ever since that eye-opening conversation with Rina, Y/n had begun to see all the members' actions differently - especially Beomgyu's. She started interpreting their actions with the context in mind that they were trying to be friendly toward her. It had overall improved her attitude and gave her motivation - all this over the span of three days.

She spent most of any spare time she could scrape out of her busy schedule hanging out with Rina. One specific day, she had brought up the question that she had been too scared to ask Beomgyu himself.

"How did Beomgyu get here?"

Y/n had been helping Rina with the laundry, the latter ironing them and the former folding them and placing them into a wide white basket. Y/n asked the question without context, the previous few minutes having consisted of the faint rustling of clothing and an occasional hiss of steam from the iron. Just out the corner of her eye, Y/n noticed the steady movement of Rina's iron-wielding arm faltering for a moment, making it obvious that she wasn't prepared to answer that question.

"Why Beomgyu? Do you like him or something?"

Y/n's face drained of its normal colour, instead being replaced wth a scarlet shade of red. She abruptly dropped the freshly-folded pair of denim jeans, which fell helplessly to the ground in a much less neat state than when it left her hands.

"I was just curious. Kai told me about himself, Taehyun, Yeonjun and Soobin, but not you or Beomgyu."

Y/n said quickly, trying for dear life not to stutter and reveal how nervous the simple question had made her feel. Her hands frantically picked up the jeans, refolding them unnecessarily quickly before tossing them into the basket in a much more aggressive manner than she intended.

Seated on the floor, Y/n looked up at Rina with the expectation of another piece of clothing or an answer to her original question. Rina, however, was deeply focused - or pretending to be - on the t-shirt on the ironing board in front of her, which was being ironed rather slowly.

When she finally noticed Y/n's unrequited eye-contact, she passed her the t-shirt wordlessly, her facial expression portraying slight discomfort.

Does she think I like Beomgyu?

Does she also- 

Does she like Beomgyu?

The thought, for some reason, caused a sting in Y/n's chest.

Y/n quickly shrugged it off and refocused on the t-shirt in her hands, stopping the potential action of her leaving one of the sleeves hanging off the edge in an aesthetically displeasing manner.

The rest of their time together was spent in silence.

It was only afterwards that Y/n realised that Rina hadn't asnwered her question.

=

"Here's your dinner."

Taehyun opened the door briefly to slip a tray through the crack, before swinging it shut.