Devonport.

"War is cruelty. there is no use in trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it is over". 

-William Tecumseh Sherman.

________________________________________________________________________________

I do not own any pictures or other media used in the making of this chapter and all credit goes to the original creators.

Also, Pt. 2 of "Meet the Fleet" will come out after this, and I will be alternating between the two Arcs (the war on the Eastern Front [Guilliman] and the war in the Pacific Theater (Y/n). Don't worry, both will still have some crossovers where Y/n or Guilliman head to the other theater of war to help out).

In this chapter there will be a bit of fluff at the beginning/middle due to me needing to fit how Imperial Navy unit groupings work in this Fic (Frigate wolfpack, battlegroup, fleet, battlefleet, warfleet, etc.)

________________________________________________________________________________

Guilliman was aboard his girlfriend's ship, in his normal (which is formal) attire . . . or, well, her I guess, and was relaxing in the main processional hallway (which runs along most of the ship, by the way) where his Astartes were going about their day-to-day routine. Guilliman was doing what he always does for fun . . .

Administrative work. How he got a girlfriend? I don't know, but his girlfriend is literally his flagship, so . . .

Alright, that's off topic.

Anyways, at least he was doing administrative work, that is, until he received a communication on his data-slate.

Guilliman's POV

This Y/n. It must be important . . . Or it was a prank call, either way, he should answer it.

I answered the Call, and my data-slate projected a small hologram.

It was Y/n.

Guilliman: Y/n! This is a pleasant surprise. I trust you rendezvoused with the fleet I sent to you?

Y/n: Yes . . .  They're a rowdy bunch, but that's not what I'm calling about.

Guilliman: I trust it must be important then? I assume you know you interrupted my daily inventory check.

Y/n: I am well aware, brother . . . And yes, it is important.

Y/n's expression turned serious, less relaxed than before.

Y/n: Though we have not arrived at Azur Lane HQ at Pearl Harbor yet, we have received word from the Iris Libre (Free France) that they, the Royal Navy (Britain/UK), and Eagle Union (America) about an upcoming operation to retake and liberate a part of the Vichy Dominion for the Iris Libre. Normandy, and some other select beaches, mainly ones with harbors. They wish for us to help in what they're calling "Operation Overlord". And while we could probably come up with a better name than that, they're naval invading fortified beaches with only long range, inaccurate artillery fire and minimal air cover.

This hit me like a Chimaera. All of those precious resources and supplies . . . Wasted. 

Guilliman: Are they insane? Do they even know how many losses there will be?

Y/n: They're not insane, just inexperienced in warfare. Let me remind you that the Imperium has been in a state of perpetual war for as long as we both can remember. The UN and Azur Lane are Soft . . . They'll learn soon enough that what they're doing isn't working, whether we point it out or not. I want you and the ultramarines you have with you to rendezvous with with some Death Korps and Mordian Iron Guard regiments I'm sending to you.