Reactions/Slice of Life 1

I do not own any pictures and/or Media in this chapter/story, and all credit goes to the original creators, whomever they may be. I do not own any of the involved franchises and all are copywrite under their respective owners/companies (Like Games Workshop for 40k, Xbox/Microsoft for Halo, etc.).

Fair warning, This chapter and others after will contain a few time-skips (meaning however much I believe is necessary) In order to speed the storyline up a bit . . . I keep coming up with Ideas and don't have enough time to type them. I already came up with a general gist of what I want the third-fourth arc to be like. If Whatever I thought was immediately typed on here . . . but a Primarch can dream, right?

________________________________________________________________________________

3rd Person POV (Reactions portion)

Mordred, was currently on her Battle-Barge, the Reaver,, withing the Bridge, Panicking and nearly having a heart attack. How could she let this happen? A single gap within the patrols she had set up, and Y/n, her own brother, was nearly assassinated . . . Normally a shot in the head for him wouldn't be a problem, but whoever the assassin was, used a .50 . If it were any lower caliber, even .45, Y/n would've been fine and it would've bounced off his hard head . . . Both figuratively and literally. Her own brother, nearly killed to to her blunder . . . If she was certain of anything, it was that whoever had nearly killed Y/n, she would find them, and make them and everyone they know suffer . . . After all, she is the Knight of Treachery . . . Or that is the title her former home, Camelot, bestowed upon her. Even if she didn't, Y/n was sure to do far worse . . . As he has said many times before, "What doesn't kill me better start fracking running" (Also, frack is the 40k equivalent to f*ck, they actually have canon curses). She still thought it was her fault though . . . Y/n was really one of the only members of the family she cared for, and she knew that she generally took the Place of Y/n's actual twin, Amanda, but Mordred is still one of his sisters either way, and she'll be damned If anything else happens to him on his "Forced 'Vacation'".

Meanwhile Guilliman, is aboard his Girlfriend's (Maccrage's Honor) ship, with said girlfriend. He is rubbing his face and looks to be in a general state of "How did this happen, Why did this happen, and how the frack did this happen again", after finding out that his brother, Y/n, was nearly assassinated . . . 

Maccrage comforts him, as she knows how close the two brothers had gotten in the years after the Horus Heresy . . . Though Guilliman feels guilty that he took the place of some of his now traitorous brothers, he takes up his role with a sense of duty, knowing that Y/n's mental stability depends somewhat upon having brothers to help with the burden . . . no matter how much Y/n says that he doesn't need help and attempts to do everything by himself, even their Father, the founder of the 'Old' Imperium in its most recent incarnation (it has fallen before, that's where Y/n's ancestors come in) couldn't do everything himself . . . that's what ultimately led to his sons, such as Y/n and guilliman himself, to take up the roles of Imperial Primarchs . . . Though Y/n is the Emperor now . . . and has also lost his legion in the fires of the Heresy to those he once trusted above all others.

The custodes, while outwardly showing no emotion, are deeply ashamed that they let something like this happen . . . Especially Ercaine and Relenor. They are meant to be the Emperor's guardians and humble servant . . . Teachers if need be, but if they let this happen, could they really call themselves "guardians"? Protectors, even? They would find who attempted the assassination, and deal with them accordingly, to remove this stain on their Honor. Though they know Y/n would possibly disapprove. This is precisely the reason why they had only a squad hunting the perpetrator . . . though even that may be deemed as extreme overkill for a simple assassin. A single Custodes can trade blows with the greatest of Daemons and knock aside entire Legions and armies on their lonesome, but still, they let this happen? This was the main reason they felt so ashamed . . . they grew complacent, they would not allow it to happen again. They would kill any who even think about it without hesitation, end would protect their Emperor, their Gene-father's own true son, even if it means their annihilation as an organization. They are now more Vigilant than ever . . . At the cost of being ever more suspicious, scrutinizing, and critical of non-custodes and non-royal guards than ever. Especially to non-Imperials.