chapter 59: adult

"I am finally an adult come on open the champagne bottles and let's get drunk woohoo" Semi yelled in excitement after cutting her birthday cake with her friends.

"yeah no I don't think that's a good idea we have our match in two days and I need you girls in your senses" Jake shared not liking the idea of having the girls drunk.

"try stopping me" Looking at him dead in the eye, Semi challenged him.

"Time to get drunk bitches" minji yelled taking shots from the bar with Semi.

oh boy, they were in for a long ride.

"Jae I beg you--"
"you don't need to I am already yours"
"let me speak"
"Okay Mister Simp for Jae speak"
"tell them not to drink I need y'all in proper senses"

"I don't think that's gonna happen" Jae slipped from his side to where minji was joining her in gulping down the alcoholic drink.

"Bro this cake is so good I might cry" Jay with a mouthful of cake spoke.

"I might grab something to drink for myself, Jake do you want me to get you something too?" Sunghoon asked getting him from the sofa in the nightclub.

"no thanks, I am good for now" Jake smiled declining Sunghoon's offer.

"Bro I love this so much, semi is such a God-sent woman" Jay kept praising the tasty cake not believing the fact that he got to eat the whole thing himself. Jake getting fed up with home also stood up from the sofa and walked over to where Jae was about to take another shot, reaching the glass before she could he gulped down the liquid. Feeling it sting a little he cleared his throat and looked to his side where she stood.

"why is a pretty lady like you drinking alone, want me to buy you a drink?" he asked with an amused expression which she mirrored. "because my boyfriend didn't want to give me company while drinking and of course, you can buy me one just don't let him know or else he gets cranky" Jae whispered the last part to his ear and winked to which he did an action of zipping his lips "I shall remain quiet"

"Alright then handsome boy I'd like to have an olive martini" she announced to the bartender then looked at Jake "Make that two" he said and looked back at Jae. Both having enough of the stranger talk ended up laughing. He moved her stool closer to him his hand tucking her hair behind her ear to which she smiled.

"us liking the same drink, Looks like it meant to be, "
"you shouldn't jump to conclusions too fast Mister"
"then can I get your number so that you can jump to conclusions as well"
"If it's meant to be then you should guess it"

he let out a hearty laugh at the last sentence, making her laugh too.

"Alright then, I'll try to guess the ten digits, don't get shocked when you get a text though," Jake exhaled and ruffled her hair. The bartender placed their drinks in front of them and left to attend to other people.

"hey, handsome boy wanna get some air? I feel hot in here" Jae said getting off the stool she was sitting on.

"on it ma'am"

___

The young couple walked onto the long balcony of the nightclub with their drink and the winter night cool breeze blowing on their skin. It was a cloudy night, stars hardly visible. They walked together one of her arms wrapped around his and her head leaning on his shoulder.

"I can't believe it's going to be 2022 soon, this year was such a roller coaster," Jae said her eyes travelling to his face as they stopped walking.

"I swear it was one bumpy road and you are still a child though you just got out of high school"